193 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Currently if you take a players last capital it only divides up units, not territories, so in a game with abandon + retain permanently, you don't gain any empty territories, all territories with 0 units revert to neutral.  If a player has 20 territories, but only 2 units in one and 0 in the rest, you get 50% of the 2 units, and the empty territories revert to neutral.  Any thoughts?

2. #2 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Edward Nygma wrote:

Currently if you take a players last capital it only divides up units, not territories, so in a game with abandon + retain permanently, you don't gain any empty territories, all territories with 0 units revert to neutral.  If a player has 20 territories, but only 2 units in one and 0 in the rest, you get 50% of the 2 units, and the empty territories revert to neutral.  Any thoughts?

I think the current Assimilation is at the Unit level, not the Territory level, you only gain the territory if you gain the unit.  So I think the current way is working as intended, however, I do think it would be cool if you could set the Assimilation to either Units or Territories and then set the chance % based upon that as to whether you gain the unit(s) with the territory or the territory with the unit(s).

Perhaps there could be someway of having both too, although that gets a bit more in depth/complicated.

3. #3 / 8
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Could be added quite easily I think - the disadvantage of territory based assimilation is if the player you're assimilating has 20 units on one stack and none on the other territory positions then there's a very good chance you won't actually assimilate any of his units at all. I suppose it depends on the board whether this is desirable behavior or not.

4. #4 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: the disadvantage of territory based assimilation is if the player you're assimilating has 20 units on one stack and none on the other territory positions then there's a very good chance you won't actually assimilate any of his units at all. I suppose it depends on the board whether this is desirable behavior or not.

That was my thinking too (although the "very good chance" would be dependent upon what the % is set to)...and came to the same conclusion :)

5. #5 / 8
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I think there is interesting strategy there though. You can shell up your units and lower the chances that you're opponent will take your units, but it is essentially giving up by putting all your units in one location. Perhaps there could be an and/or option where it's based on Territories, Units or Both units then territories.

6. #6 / 8
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Maybe you would wait to take a players final capital if it's more likely that in a turn or two you'll get more out of it.

7. #7 / 8
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

This is a little unrelated, but what about 2 territory bonuses, +x/y territories, and -n/m territories. It could force a player to stay in a certain size range, or retain a certain shape.

8. #8 / 8
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Also, sort-of involving negatives - How about allowing the values of card turn-in's to decrease - I am thinking of being able to set a floor and a ceiling level so that the values increase to the ceiling, then decrease to the floor and back and forth - perhaps at different rates on the up and down. Also how about being able to have the values level off - that is reach some certain value and stay there.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)