1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Thread Slayer Severene
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

I propose that you integrate Wargear with Facebook.  Advertise on there and have logins here linked to users there.  Get you a couple 100k more users in here probably. Just a thought. :)

2. #2 / 8
    Standard Member Oatworm
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Wargear is already on Facebook.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=301677411413

The problem, of course, is figuring out what to do with it. Do you just start spamming people's profiles with, "Oatworm just won a game on Wargear!" notices? I really hope not, because, frankly, I can't stand the Cafe Farmville posts that other people throw on their profiles. It's just annoying.

asm wrote:
    I... can't find anything wrong with this line of reasoning...

Edited Tue 25th May 12:31 [history]

3. #3 / 8
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I think we've had this conversation at least obliquely or tangentially before. What we want to do is attract disaffected ATTACK! players from FB that are looking for something more. So ideally WG could place ads on ATTACK! pages and/or targeted ads on pages viewed by ATTACK! players. No idea how much something like that would cost.

In heaven, there are no heart attacks

4. #4 / 8
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Interestingly, ATTACK appears to have been shut down as of yesterday. From the forum comments it appears that Zynga were sued by Hasbro, not sure if that is true or not. If so a bit worrying!

5. #5 / 8
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Actually, I'd say the opposite. Nothing about this site comes close to the "look" or "name" of Risk. The only connection I see is to rules, and they are loose at that. In fact, almost every Risk rule is routinely broken here, right down to the number of sides on the dice. Besides, I'm pretty sure you can't copyright rules. Further, because all boards are created by users (who are personally liable for the look of the boards they create), the site is merely a conduit for play). I'd say this site is not only well insulated from lawsuits, but is a potential haven for those who like to play this type of game, but are otherwise locked out by these litigious corporate behemoths who not only don't have enough creative juices in them to keep up with the potential of the original idea, but are hellbent on protecting what they think is theirs by unscrupulously defining it in ridiculously broad terms.

6. #6 / 8
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Well. Zynga's no babe in the woods, either.

In heaven, there are no heart attacks

7. #7 / 8
    Standard Member Crandawg
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Tom,

My opinion is to just press more traffic and use the FB account's and other social media available. You sir, have a great idea here. Push it out like in the social world and when the "steam" (no-pun indented, oaky maybe a little :) . is there,  (As we in the Corps GET SOME!!!) YOU have worked hard on this project and I want you to succeed. 

On one side, I love 3 day games but I still find it difficult some times to keep up but a 7 does take for ever.... Perhaps a 20 or 30 day term in in need to catch some clients that can not contribute as much time as a 7?

BTW the FB Wargear account is no longer active.

Edited Sat 16th Jul 01:38 [history]

8. #8 / 8
    Standard Member BTdubs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote: ... haven for those who like to play this type of game, but are otherwise locked out by these litigious corporate behemoths who not only don't have enough creative juices in them to keep up with the potential of the original idea, but are hellbent on protecting what they think is theirs by unscrupulously defining it in ridiculously broad terms.

So, so much this.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)