236 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Standard Member Khan1380
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

For me, it's before work/kids in the morning with cup of coffee. I'd probably set a bad example at work, but isn't there a 'work mode' version of wargear? lol. anyone use it?

2. #2 / 8
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

There actually is a work mode under your preferences:

https://www.wargear.net/settings/preferences

Work mode changes the background colors of the site to a white / grey theme and removes the site header to make your boss less likely to spot you using WarGear!

Hide the display of player profile images when viewing forum threads and game messages to further enhance work mode.

Hard to imagine it would help that much if you have a big graphic of a map on the screen, but I guess you could browse the forums!

3. #3 / 8
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I play almost exclusively from work, this makes weekends tough because I occasionally get a skip if I forget to check in. I have a coworker who will go to peoples offices and chat for 30 minutes easy a couple times a day. So, I don't feel bad when I take a 5 minute break and take a turn.

4. #4 / 8
    Premium Member Spider
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Abishai wrote:I play almost exclusively from work, this makes weekends tough because I occasionally get a skip if I forget to check in. I have a coworker who will go to peoples offices and chat for 30 minutes easy a couple times a day. So, I don't feel bad when I take a 5 minute break and take a turn.

+1

5. #5 / 8
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i play from work when i get a few minutes.i always have three tabs (1 games, 1 forum, 1 tourney). There have been times where they've killed access to it and i PANIC severely! not good at all - luckily it's always come back soon after.

I exclusively use Work Mode; as it's easier for my eyes when most everything else is white too. it's too jarring to switch to the grey/black background. And super annoying in the forums when some posts appear blank until i highlight them and they show up (switching off work mode they show up fine).

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Mon 16th Jan 23:26 [history]

6. #6 / 8
    Standard Member Abraham the Mage
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote: I exclusively use Work Mode; as it's easier for my eyes when most everything else is white too. it's too jarring to switch to the grey/black background. And super annoying in the forums when some posts appear blank until i highlight them and they show up (switching off work mode they show up fine).

Weird, I've never had a problem with the forums using the grey/black background. Personally, I like the darker background because it doesn't seem as bright, and therefore hurts my eyes less. But I can see where others are coming from.

7. #7 / 8
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Finally had that grey/black issue pop-up. see screen snip below:

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Thu 13th Apr 00:40 [history]

8. #8 / 8
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I think i may see a pattern. looking back at other ones i see; they're all "quoted" pieces of previous posts. i'll put something in support forum; see if tom sees it too.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)