221 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 2
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I like "King of the Mountains", but I have two requests.

#1 - Some of the borders are not clear. Something happened when we switched from the flash to the native player, and borders got thinner. Some borders that were already thin, are now nearly invisible.

If you look closely you can see them, but a few times I've been confused about what connected to what (It can be worse if a player color is close to the border color). I can think of two ways to fix this. Easiest would just be trace over the borders on the board map with a 2 pixel paint brush. I really like the fog texture though (how did you make it?), and it has some sharp gradients between territories, so if you could make that transparent and have it lay over the territories, that might also help you visualize the territories. Not sure how it would actually look, but could be cool.

#2 - I'd love to have more fortifies. Games can take a long time to finish up, because it is very difficult to dislodge someone from the mountains. In fact, if it were up to me I'd make two scenarios - one with unlimited fortifies, and one that has only one more fortify, but has return to attack from fortify. I'm less sure about how the second one would play, but I don't think it would break anything.

https://www.wargear.net/boards/view/King+of+the+Mountains

Overall, great map. Fun theme that is well executed, and looks nice with the 3D effect!

2. #2 / 2
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hey @O,

I agree that the borders are too hard to make out with the native player. I'm a little too busy these days to feel up to fixing it, but your solution should work just fine, and if I ever find myself that time on my hands..

As for more fortifies, I like that idea, and It's not all that hard to create a different scenario or two.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)