1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 6
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hi Tom,

We were trying this out, and discovered a player can get themselves assigned for their win condition.  i.e. they have to get themselves eliminated to win.  While this could lead to some interesting designs, it seems like in general we would not want this to be a possible win condition.

Here's a game where M57 won when he got eliminated:

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/716791

I'm also wondering if it makes more sense to have to eliminate the target yourself to actually win.  i.e. if someone else eliminates my target, I don't win.  I don't really have a strong opinion on this and am wondering what others think.  I haven't played the board game RISK with this sort of ruleset, so I'm not sure how it normally works.

Another possibility is maybe you have two targets, and both have to be eliminated to win?

Anyway, those are clearly enhancements, and might take some work, but I think the first issue is a bug, and hopefully relatively easy to fix.

Thanks!

2. #2 / 6
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

If the WC required that the target be eliminated by the player with that specific WC, there would be a lot of stalemates.  E.g.

IF the WCs are A-->B, B-->C, C-->A  AND in the game A-->C, and then B-->A.

The simple solution is to not let a player be their own WC.

Edited Sun 26th Apr 07:13 [history]

3. #3 / 6
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I second M57's post.

(As I said in the above linked game) If you have to eliminate a player yourself to win, the probably of a stalemate is just way too high.

Of course, not having to get yourself eliminated to win is definitely a needed addition.

4. #4 / 6
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I assume that if someone else eliminates your target, then you should still be able to win via last-man-standing.  Worst case the devolves to standard win conditions - it just gives you the chance to win early if you can eliminate your target.

in your situation:

A-->C, and then B-->A.

B wins, because they are the only player with units left on the board.

Edited Mon 27th Apr 01:09 [history]

5. #5 / 6
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Last Man Standing is a reasonable decision buster.   But it's still wrong to have to eliminate yourself.

6. #6 / 6
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thought I'd try to bump this since Tom seems to be spending more time on WarGear.  Seems like this ought to be a relatively easy fix, and would open up some interesting possibilities.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)