2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 6
    Standard Member redshift
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Or leaving tournament?

A guy bombed my team and doesn't show up to play his turns. If ranking is not affected, I'll leave tournament right away.

2. #2 / 6
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Not sure - I think each game will count as a loss to you tournament score - 

"If ranking is not affected" - which "ranking" do you mean? It definitely does not effect your CP's or Global Ranking.

3. #3 / 6
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Playing 1 against 2 affects your team tournament ranking. Leaving the tournament does not.

Better to leave the tournament if you want to keep that one up. 

Edited Sun 26th Nov 19:54 [history]

4. #4 / 6
    Standard Member redshift
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:

Not sure - I think each game will count as a loss to you tournament score - 

"If ranking is not affected" - which "ranking" do you mean? It definitely does not effect your CP's or Global Ranking.

I mean the Teamplay Tournament score that you can check in the profile. That Tournament score that usually is in the 10k+ is useless, isn't it?

Litotes wrote:

Playing 1 against 2 affects your team tournament ranking. Leaving the tournament does not.

Better to leave the tournament if you want to keep that one up. 

Thanks, I'll leave the tournament then. Can't be arsed with the guy, he didn't talk in the only turn he played and hasn't logged in for several days.

But just to be clear, when you say 1v2, are you talking about the guy that joins or the guy that does not join? Obviously the one that joins gets his ranking changed.

The tournament I'm talking about is this one http://www.wargear.net/tournaments/view/2323, a 3v3.

If it's possible to avoid losing ranking simply by not joining the games, then I could eventually wait and see if another team without a full roster shows up and only join those ones. Since it's a 3v3 I'd have to coordinate with the other partner to join those games close to the deadline, which isn't very feasible, but for 2v2s it's worth knowing.

5. #5 / 6
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

There is no ranking movement if you fail to join the game so you can wait and see if he joins first if you want to. I'd be less than moderately optimistic about your 3rd teammate, though, I've seen him lose a lot of games on WO lately. Also profile show several boots.

6. #6 / 6
    Standard Member redshift
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Litotes wrote:

There is no ranking movement if you fail to join the game so you can wait and see if he joins first if you want to. I'd be less than moderately optimistic about your 3rd teammate, though, I've seen him lose a lot of games on WO lately. Also profile show several boots.

Thanks for the clarification. I don't want to play with him, he never replied to our posts even when he was still active, so I'll just leave.

Edited Mon 27th Nov 17:48 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)