1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 10
    Standard Member momzilla
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Hi, Tom,

Farmdoggy told me he contacted you about this game and you corrected the win, but on my screen it still says Farmdoggy won and gives stats for him winning in the ranking messages. The game finished on 11-21-16. JB was the first player to remove all his units from the board, but he didn't do all the steps in the endgame. When it was my turn, I just ended it, knowing JB had won. Then when it was Farmdoggy's turn he thought it was a game he had won, since we play a lot of these games simultaneously, so he completed the endgame, effectively stealing the win from JB.

When I pointed out what had happened, he said he would contact you to fix it. Now the player info on my computer shows both Farmdoggy and JB as the winners with the stats giving all points to Farmdoggy. This effected me negatively, since Farmdoggy and I are ranked very close in Dejeweled, and I believe I was ahead of him at that point.  After he grabbed the win from JB, I lost 2 championship points to him.

The board explanation says the object of the game is to be the first player with no units on the grid. I was in a game with other players once where the wrong person did the endgame move and took the win. He was able to fix it by surrendering, but that didn't work this time.

I'm sorry to bother you about this, but I hate to see JB not get the points he deserves for this win. Farmdoggy has since won a couple more games of Dejeweled, so will still be ahead of me, I imagine, but not by as much.

If it is considered fair to grab the endgame and win without being the first player off the board, I would like to know that. I could have done that myself in this case.

Thanks for your help, Tom.

2. #2 / 10
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

my personal opinion is that if you screw up the win condition and let someone else win, than that is your fault (and/or the maps fault for being setup like that).  Kind of sucks, but I don't think it's fair either to be bugging Tom over things like that.

Also, it will be easier for Tom if you provide a link directly to the game.

3. #3 / 10
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Actually... I can fix this with factories I think.  You wouldn't have to make the move.  I can't fix the win, but I can prevent this issue in the future and make the win automatic, if that's preferred.

4. #4 / 10
    Standard Member momzilla
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Edward, I think that would be great!

5. #5 / 10
    Standard Member momzilla
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Ozyman, I can see your point, but it seems like it would create a lot of animosity if more experienced players start taking wins away from less experienced ones, instead of helping them through the complicated endgame. The best thing would be for Edward to eliminate those steps.

I have no idea how much work I am asking of Tom by requesting a fix of the game in question. Sorry if I'm being unreasonable. I don't even know how to provide a link to the game. Seems like I did that once before, but I don't remember what I did. Maybe you could tell me? Or you could just laugh at my computer illiteracy and i wouldn't blame you!

6. #6 / 10
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Edward Nygma wrote:

Actually... I can fix this with factories I think.  You wouldn't have to make the move.  I can't fix the win, but I can prevent this issue in the future and make the win automatic, if that's preferred.

Many of the boards that have the engineered win were made before factories and win conditions - they could probably be simplified now.  

momzilla - to provide a link to a game copy and paste the webpage address in your webbrowser.

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/542553

7. #7 / 10
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I made dejeweled with factories, so fixing it would require a lot of work, but I think I can do it.  Let me find some time for it.

8. #8 / 10
    Standard Member momzilla
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/537714

Tom, 

Here's a link to the game in question. Thanks for taking the time to fix it, if that is possible.

9. #9 / 10
    Standard Member momzilla
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Edward Nygma wrote:

I made dejeweled with factories, so fixing it would require a lot of work, but I think I can do it.  Let me find some time for it.

If you could do that, it would be awesome! Thanks for trying, whenever you get around to it.

10. #10 / 10
    Standard Member momzilla
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:
    Edward Nygma wrote:

Many of the boards that have the engineered win were made before factories and win conditions - they could probably be simplified now.  

momzilla - to provide a link to a game copy and paste the webpage address in your webbrowser.

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/542553

Amidon - Thanks for your help reminding me of the basics!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)