3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 5
    Standard Member A-TEAM
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

game: 457193

Before you moan and groan. I am not complaining about the dice. This guy had me beat from the jump. he played better tactically. he out-played me. period.  In fact he always outplays me. he is from a list of players who enjoy the board and join my games often. they are in most always superior. - i accept that. But here is the reason i bring up the game. Would you consider him the best the Wargear has to offer? Seems to me like bonehead moves like this which were unprovoked makes the site unwelcoming...

So go ahead and tell me how i deserve it...

2. #2 / 5
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Meh.  You tell us. What do you think it is that makes this game and/or his play so special? 

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

3. #3 / 5
    Standard Member A-TEAM
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

i was referring to the delayed win. just building armies when it is clear the game is won, on top of wasting clock.  I'll admit i have delayed ending my turn before but never unprovoked by a similar move. Also i have delayed a few times against players who i asked not to join my games who did so so even after saying they would not.  In addition i have played very conservatively when i should have the win because my luck is very very very bad at the flick of the wrist-and on occasion i have been spiteful and a jerk... but it is not my normal practice.

Ultimately, my experience with this player is commo-the norm. And as you all have had many opinions about my post, my complaints and my understanding of the site odds, rules, culture.... i was curious your thoughts on players such as my opponent in the game referenced. but really, who cares? he and others like him swarm here, and he (or she) and others like him are drawn to me.... which i am not complaining... just my observation.

4. #4 / 5
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Building armies is a legitimate strategy if you are worried that moving too soon may go badly. This is something (patience) that many players have trouble with.

Knocking out neutrals just for the fun of capturing the whole board is not needed though.  

But, you could have surrendered at any point and ended the game.

5. #5 / 5
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Yep - nothing wrong with surrendering in a 2-player game.  I think we brought this up before in a recent thread, but surrendering once you are hopelessly behind, is not just a convenience for you, but a courtesy to your opponent.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)