218 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 5
    Standard Member sulli
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I mostly play private games with a few buddies.  People get busy and sometimes want to take a game off.  It would be nice to either be able to change the size of the game after you create it (for private games) or start with whomever is joined or have a game size of 6-8 or something like that. 

Instead I have to make it a game of 8 and then if someone can't sign up we have to kill the game and resend the invites.  Maybe the easiest would be that you set it up for 8, but the game creator can start it prematurely by lowering the size after the fact if less have accepted?  I can see how for public games people don't want to sign up for an 8 player game and play with 6, but private games you typically know everyone.

2. #2 / 5
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I think there are a lot of ways this could be handled, but in general I think it's a good idea.  I don't think it matters too much how it's handled (i.e. range of seats, allow host to start, etc.) If Tom philosophically likes the idea, then maybe whatever is easiest for him to implement.

Edited Thu 30th Apr 14:56 [history]

3. #3 / 5
    Standard Member AfroDaby
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

+1

4. #4 / 5
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

+1

This has been suggested before - Off the bat, I don't see any reason that a similar system couldn't apply to Public Games as well.  I.e., if the game doesn't fill by a certain time (say 2X the clock), then it starts as long as a minimum # have joined. 

Come to think of it, I think it might have originally been proposed for Realtime games.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

5. #5 / 5
    Standard Member Johasi Vidad
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

sulli wrote:

I mostly play private games with a few buddies.  People get busy and sometimes want to take a game off.  It would be nice to either be able to change the size of the game after you create it (for private games) or start with whomever is joined or have a game size of 6-8 or something like that. 

Instead I have to make it a game of 8 and then if someone can't sign up we have to kill the game and resend the invites.  Maybe the easiest would be that you set it up for 8, but the game creator can start it prematurely by lowering the size after the fact if less have accepted?  I can see how for public games people don't want to sign up for an 8 player game and play with 6, but private games you typically know everyone.

+1 for private only

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)