240 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   123456   (6 in total)
  1. #41 / 110
    Standard Member redshift
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Something went wrong because some players have mismatch between score in the 'Player Profile' and the score in the 'Ranking History'. The difference for soft wizard is huge.

2. #42 / 110
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Something else went wrong also. I made a screen shot of "before" and "after". One game I played has been removed, but that was a 1-on-1 on Silmarillion against Thingol, which I lost fair and square against an opponent who is not implicated in any multiple accounts shenanigans. 

I also got some minor board ranking adjustments, mainly downwards. Surprised to lose six points on Seven Redux, as this board is 1-on-1 exclusively I don't see how anyone can gain from multiple accounts there, plus I can't see any zdisabled accounts in the board rankings (apart from an old one from 2014).

3. #43 / 110
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Also, in my avatar on this page is says "Ranking position 114" but if you visit the rankings I'm 104th.

4. #44 / 110
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I'm checking into the disparity, may need to rerun a statc calc. Sorry, it's a bit of a fickle beast when it's run across the entire site game history!

5. #45 / 110
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Another cheater using multiple accounts was banned today:

Agincourt

Black Prince

Bosworth

Hound Dog

Ides of March

Plessey

Point recovery from the games were they cheated will take place this weekend all being well.

6. #46 / 110
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Where were they active? I can't remember having played either but I might have forgotten something.

I would have appreciated it if there were some way to determine previous name for the zdisabled accounts. But maybe there are good reasons for this not being available?

7. #47 / 110
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

^ I have played several of them in the past year. So, yes, at least some of them were active.

And , yes, I too would like there to be a way to read the old names of the zdisabled accounts.

8. #48 / 110
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Pratik wrote:

^ I have played several of them in the past year. So, yes, at least some of them were active.

And , yes, I too would like there to be a way to read the old names of the zdisabled accounts.

I was curious about where, not if. Wargear Warfare? That's the most active place after all.

9. #49 / 110
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Litotes wrote:
    Pratik wrote:

I was curious about where, not if. Wargear Warfare? That's the most active place after all.

Ah, yes, my mistake. You are right about WGWF.

I have played Black Prince, Hound Dog, and Ides of March on WGWF, iirc.

10. #50 / 110
    Standard Member zdisabled_8a7ed3fe
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

I'm always happy to look into accounts that you or anyone else has suspicions about!

Would a player that once played every day, then didn't play a single game for nearly 5 years, then started playing regularly again, qualify as "suspicious" simply by virtue of the extended break in their ranking history?  I have seen a couple of accounts like this but I have no direct evidence of them cheating.

Edited Mon 12th Mar 12:14 [history]

11. #51 / 110
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Not in itself @Camel - I've seen a lot of players come back after an extended absence - but maybe with other clues -  it is up to tom to investigate and make the call -

12. #52 / 110
    Standard Member soft wizard
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Yeah, I came back after 2 or 3 years of not playing, so I know it can happen. Man.

I examined one of my somewhat recent losses. There was some really funky stuff in it, and not just by the ones who were banned. Thoughts? (start around move 900 or so on the history)

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/588955

Edited Wed 14th Mar 14:20 [history]

13. #53 / 110
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

soft wizard wrote:

Yeah, I came back after 2 or 3 years of not playing, so I know it can happen. Man.

I examined one of my somewhat recent losses. There was some really funky stuff in it, and not just by the ones who were banned. Thoughts? (start around move 900 or so on the history)

I haven't looked at this - in general it is best to send these to tom using the "report cheating" link at the bottom of the game's page. We sort of decided a while back to not debate specific instances in the forums (i.e. in public) -

14. #54 / 110
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Earliest instance in a game with two banned cheaters was back in 2016. Wow.

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/536941

15. #55 / 110
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:
    soft wizard wrote:

I haven't looked at this - in general it is best to send these to tom using the "report cheating" link at the bottom of the game's page. We sort of decided a while back to not debate specific instances in the forums (i.e. in public) -

That makes sense. I'm not really accusing anyone of cheating other than those who were banned. Funky stuff happens in games. I've never even thought about people cheating in this game until all this happened. My mind is kinda blown.

16. #56 / 110
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

soft wizard wrote:

I've looked through the entire game and I would not have suspected cheating from the play alone. yacitus' big attack on Iceland from UK looked very optimistic but I assume by then he'd figured he had to act or it would be too late, and a slim chance is better than none. Not sure I agree but I'm not an expert on these large games. For the others I just got the impression not all of them are equally skilled, which is what you'd expect in a ten man game.

17. #57 / 110
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

camel wrote:
    tom wrote:

I'm always happy to look into accounts that you or anyone else has suspicions about!

Would a player that once played every day, then didn't play a single game for nearly 5 years, then started playing regularly again, qualify as "suspicious" simply by virtue of the extended break in their ranking history?  I have seen a couple of accounts like this but I have no direct evidence of them cheating.

I don't really see a reason why old accounts restarting playing would necessarily be suspicious but send them through if you want me to take a look.

18. #58 / 110
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

More multi-account bans:

roberto adler aka British Empire

pattyman aka thebigdog

19. #59 / 110
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Thanks Tom for keeping on top of this, it's really appreciated

20. #60 / 110
    Premium Member Mad Bomber
    Rank
    5 Star General
    Rank Posn

I knew it....can't wait for the index...I lost many a game to him....way to go tom

i want equal amounts of blueberry's
    I play on any field of battle...not just three boards

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123456   (6 in total)