220 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 9
    Standard Member bmasera
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Came to play this turn: http://www.wargear.net/games/view/353245 just prior to its expiry time but WarGear was unaccessible while the rest of my internet was working.  So, I ended up missing my turn.  I know I'm going to lose anyways as I'm going second against one of the best and haven't had the best of luck to overcome that, but, I'd still rather have a fair, albeit slight, chance by not having missed that turn due to WarGear being down.

Thanks!

2. #2 / 9
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I'm not seeing any issues with server performance or any other games at that time. It also wasn't a Realtime game - you had 2 days to take your turn so I'm reluctant to revert to your turn on that basis.

3. #3 / 9
    Standard Member bmasera
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Well, I missed this one: http://www.wargear.net/games/view/352728 recently too, and I admit that that one was my fault because I have been busy lately and in general the internet and electricity have been off and on of late.  Missing that one definitely cost me a game that I was winnig, but that's the cost for my mistake of not making it on in time which has been happening too much of late.  But, for the one I am asking for I genuinely was not able to access the WarGear site while the rest of my internet was working.  I was even was alerted by my email that I had missed my turn after and simultaneous to several attempts to get onto WarGear unsuccessfully.  I do realize I left it to the last and I also really doubt it would even make a difference to the outcome of the game but I just felt that since it was not my fault that WarGear alone was not connecting for me that maybe it could be fixed?  I don't know why you are not seeing an issue with the server performance at that time though, that's above my head.  Perhaps WarGear was inaccessible to Kenya only at the time, if that's possible?

Thanks for looking into it though.

4. #4 / 9
    Standard Member bmasera
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Also, and I don't know if it helps, but the error I was getting at the time was that the page wasn't even loading.  Just an internet tab with a white dialogue box and a slightly off-white/light grey background with the internet error message in the white dialogue box.  Can't remember specifically what it as telling me in the error message now unfortunately.  So, while my other tabs were loading and accessing the internet properly, it wasn't even connecting to WarGear at the time.

5. #5 / 9
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

According to Tom, there was no server issue. On top of that, you came on the site several times and played other games during these 48 hours. Also I think you should have asked me directly if I would agree on letting myself get skipped so it would compensate, rather than asking Tom to correct your own mistake.

Nonetheless, I am pleased to offer you a second chance so if Tom is ok to set back the game where it was, I am fine with it. Otherwise, I am ok to let myself skipped next turn, knowing it's still offering me some advantage.

6. #6 / 9
    Standard Member bmasera
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Since my email was working at the time that WarGear wasn't, I had written Tom directly after I got skipped, but then I went back to work.  By the time I was able to log on again and it worked you had already played, otherwise, I would have asked if you could have skipped as well if it had been able to log back on immediately.  As for playing other games, sometimes when I come on I just play the "easy" games that don't require a lot of watching the history and thinking, but when I'm behind like I as in our game I need to have the time to play it properly.  Proper playing time for games like the one we had going on is something which has been lacking in my schedule lately!  Anyway, no matter, 99.9% sure you had me anyways so I think I'll just surrender.  The game I'm really kicking myself about missing is the one against snake eyes.  For that one missing it was completely my fault and will cost me the W!  I just figured that since I had been legitimately barred from accessing WarGear at the 11th hour of my turn that maybe Tom could assist.  I didn't mean to offend you by not coming to you, just that I didn't even have that option as you had already played when I had the chance to log into WarGear again.

7. #7 / 9
    Standard Member bmasera
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I should stop playing in the ants tournaments for now though as those are the turns I keep putting off for lack of time to think the turn through properly.

8. #8 / 9
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

No worry, I did not feel offended. And I perfectly understand your point about taking more time to play some tricky games and less for others. We all do the same I think.

9. #9 / 9
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Glad we could come to an agreement - thanks for being gracious both!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)