220 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 4
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I never really realized how many people prefer to play maps with some level of fog on. I think at least 2/3 of the games I've seen up in the queue have some...

Like your grandpa, but angrier.

(If you need help with map design, look me up via AIM @ cramchakle)

2. #2 / 4
    (. )( .) Boobies Electric Monk
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I think fog makes games more fun because it can often keep you guessing until the end. With heavier fog on, you don't really know what is going on with the rest of the board, and the element of surprise can make things fun.

I hate games where it is clear who the winner is, and you basically end up just waiting for it to be over. That's one of the big reasons that I don't like BAO/Simultaneous play, because there is nearly always the drawn out endgame where you have to sit there and wait for it to be over.

Is my title family friendly?

3. #3 / 4
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I think a benefit of fog games too is you see a lot less ganging up on the leader and/or playing for position in general. It forces you to play your own game rather than board-balancing.

Which also explains why I prefer games without it.

Cramchakle wrote: [anything]
    I agree

4. #4 / 4
    Standard Member bengaltiger
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I prefer lighter versions of fog... with the 'thicker' kinds I find there is less strategy involved because you have no idea where to put units. It's also less realistic, because who would conduct wars without having any idea where other armies were?

With lighter versions you have more opportunities for different strategies... like hiding large armies behind your front lines, etc.

Edited Wed 16th Dec 20:42 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)