Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #21 / 26
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Aiken Drumn wrote:

To be honest I wouldn't want to be playing against kids. I like that this feels a fairly mature group of players. 

I'm sure there are a few kids who play on the site, but my guess is that you are right.  Risk is an old-school game. Kids prefer interactive real-time activities.

Nevertheless, if I was a kid and I was interested in the game, I would more likely gravitate to the sexier Risk-like sites that include graphics that blow-up, and bomb blasts with each hit.  At least, that's where I would start out (partly because my friends might play there too).  Over time, and with and maturity, I might independently seek out alternatives like WarGear.

There; I said the M-word.

https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

2. #22 / 26
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Aiken Drumn wrote:

To be honest I wouldn't want to be playing against kids. I like that this feels a fairly mature group of players. 

Two of my kids played for about a year (legonate and 8natbat23).  They were 9ish and 11ish.  They had good stats and legonate made a map - The site was good for them and I wish they still played.

They left because they couldn't keep up with the having to continually log in and take turns.  (Most of us take our turns at work right?)

3. #23 / 26
    Standard Member 3EyedTitan
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

@Aiken I feel like I was a fairly decent risk player when I was 12.  

@M57 I google searched "best risk websites," clicked on the first link and Wargear was the top rated site.

4. #24 / 26
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I hate it when that happens.  Wink

The secret's out..  But how can it be possible?  Nothing blows up; there's no spurting blood ..or intense cool soundtrack.  There must be something wrong with their metrics.   Well, on the bright side, Tom wil hopefully make enough money to keep the site alive..

3EyedTitan wrote:

@M57 I google searched "best risk websites," clicked on the first link and Wargear was the top rated site.

https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

5. #25 / 26
    Standard Member 3EyedTitan
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I know! What are you gonna do with all us bandwagon players? Always signing up for a bunch of games, then never to be seen again. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

6. #26 / 26
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

IMO it would be best to have a "disable pics option" that disables all pics except for board maps. Would seem hard to have people flag each pic as NSFW or not for kids.

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)