226 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Standard Member Aiken Drumn
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I was wondering if it was possible to add "multi-quote" and the ability to edit posts to these forums?

Multi-quote is simply a extra button next to "quote" allowing you to quote several posts at once, rather than each one individually.

Long term editing would allow someone to keep the opening post of a thread up to date for anyone coming and looking at it, which is very handy.

Cheers!

Off Topic!

2. #2 / 7
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Even short term editing was at one point debated. There are those who don't like the idea that someone can change their post (content).  Personally, I like it the way it is now.  I guess I'm one of those people who is all but incapable of typo-free posting. Even when using the preview feature.  Bottom line - at least for now.  if you want to update in the long term, just repost.

Multi-quote sounds interesting, but I find that I'm able accomplish the same by using the "quote" button in the full editor and copy/pasting from the "Topic Review (Last 10 posts - newest first)" part of the editing page. Otherwise I would use multiple windows to copy paste.  The key is the "quote" button.

Edit: See? I used the edit feature ..just to clarify.

https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Sat 23rd Feb 18:24 [history]

3. #3 / 7
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i clicked full editor after typing most of my response and it jumped to a window without keeping anything I had typed.. that sucks..

Off Topic!
    Edited Sun 24th Feb 23:50 [history]

4. #4 / 7
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I can see how that could be used to work around not having multiquote.

As for duration of editting.. what are people going to edit away? Quote them before they do if it is seriously a problem, but really for that minor example, being able to edit the opening post of a thread forever is really handy. My game thread is an example.. i'd love to keep the player stats all in the first post, not have to requote them every update.. but it would also work for so many other threads too.

Off Topic!

5. #5 / 7
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Aiken Drumn wrote:

I clicked full editor after typing most of my response and it jumped to a window without keeping anything I had typed.. that sucks..

Yeah - I've learned to copy/cut the post I've started and then re-paste into the full editor.   That is a bit of a pain-in-the-petutie bug.

https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Sun 24th Feb 23:51 [history]

6. #6 / 7
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:
    Aiken Drumn wrote:

I clicked full editor after typing most of my response and it jumped to a window without keeping anything I had typed.. that sucks..

Yeah - I've learned to copy/cut the post I've started and then re-paste into the full editor.   That is a bit of a pain-in-the-petutie bug.

Can't believe it's really been 3+ years...Post 29 Forum Suggestions:

tom wrote:

Yertle - I'm not going to implement your suggestion to automatically add the text from the QuickReply area into the Full Editor when you click the button, it will take major jigging to achieve, sorry.

That was also on my birthday that he said no...that's mean.

As for the Long-Term Editing, from a Reader's perspective I'm not a fan of it because if I read something I don't want to have to re-read through all posts to ensure nothing changed or to try and find what changed.  With the current 5-10 minute timer this is less of an issue and anything that needs to be "fixed" can be completed with a new post.  Just my opinion/vote, but not super stuck on it.

If I could figure out how to draw a line in Photoshop I would be a lot more well off with the Mac thing...

7. #7 / 7
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Well why would things change? I can't see why anyone would bother. In my experience from forums that allow it, it simply means that opening posts can be a lot more useful as you can always keep them up to date and visible.

Off Topic!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)