223 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 11
    Standard Member Aiken Drumn
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I have recently been playing a lot of 16 player Civil War games. So often the game builds and builds until "poof" one of the 16 players gets into a Cascade and kills 10+ players in one turn, and wins it a few turns later.

I am sure the feeling is amazing if that happens to you, but for everyone else it sucks! Weeks of carefully solidifying your little area, gone without a fight.

Is it possible to fix this? Or perhaps to simply edit Civil War, Creating a new "Non-Cascade" version after tweaking the rules?

Off Topic!

2. #2 / 11
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Aiken Drumn wrote:

I have recently been playing a lot of 16 player Civil War games. So often the game builds and builds until "poof" one of the 16 players gets into a Cascade and kills 10+ players in one turn, and wins it a few turns later.

I am sure the feeling is amazing if that happens to you, but for everyone else it sucks! Weeks of carefully solidifying your little area, gone without a fight.

Is it possible to fix this? Or perhaps to simply edit Civil War, Creating a new "Non-Cascade" version after tweaking the rules?

It's certainly possible to create a new scenario with non-escalating cards and no elimination bonus, if that's what you're asking.  You can message the board designer.

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

3. #3 / 11
    Standard Member Viper
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Maybe if I have time.  Personally I like the ability to cascade on that map but I can also understand it may be a little frustrating.

4. #4 / 11
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

That would be fantastic, i'd be ever so grateful.

I really love the map. All I want removing is card capture. If you didn't capture cards on conquest, it would play out very differently (Perhaps +15 units instead?).

So many times games get completely turned on their head, and it seems so much down to luck it is quite annoying.

Off Topic!

5. #5 / 11
    Standard Member ts8801
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

II donno that is a big part of strategy for the map.  IMO removing it would promote turtling over aggresive play.

6. #6 / 11
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

ts8801 wrote:

II donno that is a big part of strategy for the map.  IMO removing it would promote turtling over aggresive play.

Have to agree with this.  I think if you played without fog, no card capture would make for a long stalemate.

7. #7 / 11
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ah, but I DO play with fog :)

I know it is a certain strategy, but I think there is too much luck involved, and it completely turns the game on its head. It is too effective imo.

All I am asking is for it to be optional, not to remove it for every game!

Off Topic!

8. #8 / 11
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

As just experienced http://www.wargear.net/games/view/181466

ts8801 was the master here.

Off Topic!

9. #9 / 11
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

As just experienced http://www.wargear.net/games/view/181466

ts8801 was the master here.

Off Topic!

10. #10 / 11
    Standard Member ts8801
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

true, but if you noticed, you helped cause the cascade by almost but not completely killing green. :)

11. #11 / 11
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yup, realised about half way through my turn, but didn't have enough left to get him. Hoped whoever did, wouldn't launch into a cascade.

Equally, if I had managed to take him out, and thus kicked off my own cascade, I'd still have this viewpoint!

That was a beautifully poised game, lot of people in the (+20) units range. I'd have really liked to see it slogged out for a few months! No chance of real diplomacy if the game ends so quickly!

@Viper, it would only take a few clicks to make it possible to disable card capture...

Off Topic!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)