219 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 16
    Standard Member SquintGnome
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Can someone please confirm that if I delete my scenarios I will not delete my board.

2. #2 / 16
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'm pretty sure yes. You can confirm it yourself by making a copy of your board (with all of its scenarios) and then deleting the scenario in the copied board version.

alternately you could make a few "dummy" scenarios and then delete the one you don't want.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

3. #3 / 16
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thanks M,

Thanks for your suggestion for the 'copy to confirm', I didn't think of that :)

I did confirm that deleting all scenarios does not delete the board.

4. #4 / 16
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Okay, I made a new version of my board (by copying the original) so I can put capitals on the board.  I modified the board, how do I get the change to flow through to the scenarios?

5. #5 / 16
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

SquintGnome wrote:

Okay, I made a new version of my board (by copying the original) so I can put capitals on the board. 

Good

I modified the board, how do I get the change to flow through to the scenarios?

You don't necessarily need to modify the board.  You need to modify the scenarios.

When you create a scenario, it is a copy of the "base" board. From there you need to be careful that you have "Unlocked" the areas of the board that you wish to make changes to.

So for instance, let's say you want to create two playable versions of your board, one of which has no changes from the original. Start by making a new version (you've already done this), then make 2 scenarios.  Name the first one "Standard" or "Normal" and leave all of the scenario categories locked.  Then for the "Altered" scenario, you will need to unlock the designer features you wish to edit.  For instance, if you want to globally change all dice from 6-sided to 7-sided, you will need to unlock the "Rules" section for the "Altered scenario before you edit it.  From there, after you've altered and saved the new scenario, you can promote the new version.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

6. #6 / 16
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

OK, I have now edited the scenarios of the new version of the board and have tested that they work the way I want.  How do I now replace the current published version with the new version that is dev?

7. #7 / 16
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

On your 'designs' page, click the 'promote' button in the row for the new version.

8. #8 / 16
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

On your 'designs' page, click the 'promote' button in the row for the new version.

Will this replace the existing pubilished version, which is my intent, or create a new one?  This is for my AA Stalingrad board, where I am trying to correct a glitch and I don't want to effect any previous stats for the board.

9. #9 / 16
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

It will replace the old version, in the sense that any newly started games will be on the new version.  Stats for all versions are combined in one pool.

10. #10 / 16
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I have capitals assigned , but when they are captured the game does not end, what settings do I need to change to make that happen?

11. #11 / 16
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Under rules->initial setup make sure you have capital cities turned to 'on'

12. #12 / 16
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

yes, i have  them turned on, i have assimilation at 0% though, do I need to change that to 100% if I want the game to end when the caps are taken over, also each side will have two caps, i want the game to end after both caps are taken , not just one.

13. #13 / 16
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

link to the map?

Assimilation has nothing to do with capitals causing eliminations, just what the spoils of that elimination are.

i want the game to end after both caps are taken , not just one.

That's the way it works, you only lose if you lose all your capitals.

14. #14 / 16
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Do you want your capitals to be recaptureable?  i.e. I can lose capital1 then get it back, then lose capital2, and still stay in?   You have to turn on 'capital city capture'

This will also mean a player can lose both their capitals and stay in if they have taken an enemy capital.

From the FAQ:

Capital city capture (Available only with Capital Cities On setting)
    On/Off

If turned On, then when a player captures another player's Capital City then they will now have an extra Capital City. If Off, then when a player captures another player's Capital City the Capital City is destroyed and the territory is no longer seen as a Capital City.

15. #15 / 16
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hey Ozy,

Thanks for all your help.  Here is the link

http://www.wargear.net/boards/designer/3673

Yes, I would like it to work so that if you own any capital, whether it was initially yours or not, you are still in the game.

I seem to have all the settings as you suggest.  Are you able to go into the design and check the settings?

16. #16 / 16
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hey Oz,

I think it is working now, thank you

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)