219 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Standard Member CiscoKid
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

I started thinking about this issue today after I found out this a likely reality for me in the future, so before that happens, I would like some folks to think about how to solve this problem.

Thanks

The Kid

2. #2 / 7
    Standard Member Vidoviti Milan
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

hm... so you could hire some homeless people sitting next to you and tells you everything. in exchange for lunch, for example :)

3. #3 / 7
    Standard Member CiscoKid
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Vidoviti Milan wrote:

hm... so you could hire some homeless people sitting next to you and tells you everything. in exchange for lunch, for example :)

are you looking for a job {#emotions_dlg.rofl}

4. #4 / 7
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

CK,  Surely it will be a frustrating adventure, but it sounds like you are preparing to meet it head-on.

Regarding your thoughts: with few mods to the site, if any, I would think that a computer that reads data out loud would go a long way toward making it possible for you to continue playing.

A simple reading of the history..

..gives you all the info you need to keep tally of the unit count on a separate program.  If you play with friends in non-fogged games, or at least make sure that one friend is in the games you join, they can be your eyes, giving you initial unit counts and assisting you with the occasional spot-check to make sure that your picture is accurate.

Other than that, you might want to prepare by only looking at the history of some games that you play, practicing the skill of visualizing board states, because that's what it is ..a skill.

The very best for you and your family.  ..and should the need arise when you play on this site in the future, you can count me as a friend.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

5. #5 / 7
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Another thought.. Even with good memorization skills there nothing like a little extra help..

Build a few "braille" boards of some of your favorite maps, where each territory is a walled enclosure.   Design pieces that differentiate between player colors, and maybe even include a number system within those designs to keep your piece count down.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

6. #6 / 7
    Standard Member Vidoviti Milan
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

CiscoKid wrote:
    Vidoviti Milan wrote:

are you looking for a job {#emotions_dlg.rofl}

lol not really... actually, i'm looking for a lunch FODIFeedMe3.gif

7. #7 / 7
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

The very best for you and your family.  ..and should the need arise when you play on this site in the future, you can count me as a friend.

Same from me.

When you say going blind, is this total or will you still have some peripheral vision as in the case of macular degeneration?  I ask because my grandpa who had mac deg. was able to use a computer for awhile with his peripheral vision.  It was a special type with screen magnification.

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)