192 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 5
    Standard Member Ender
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Is there any option in wargear to boot a player in a multi-player game (i.e. 3 or more) without a unanimous group vote?  On another site it is called a direct player boot.

Ender

2. #2 / 5
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yep!

Currently after 5x the boot time you can direct boot.

3. #3 / 5
    Standard Member Gimli
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

i also noticed when setting up a game, that there is an automatic boot setting, so as soon as X time has elapsed the player is booted... or u can make them miss a turn too. though it doesnt explain if the person will still get their allotted units (held in reserve, as with another non warfish site, Conquer Club)

4. #4 / 5
    Standard Member Ender
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I really like the ability when creating a game to just simply skip the person's turn when they reach the "boot" limit. This way it isn't an I-win button, but rather a lets keep this game going. If they go AFK for a year, you will obviously win... but if you are getting creamed and about to lose, then RL hits your opponent, its wrong to automatically win the game IMHO.

I would love to see the "skip turn" become the default for all boards. As well as a direct player skip of something like 2-3x the boot interval.

5. #5 / 5
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Gimli wrote: i also noticed when setting up a game, that there is an automatic boot setting, so as soon as X time has elapsed the player is booted... or u can make them miss a turn too. though it doesnt explain if the person will still get their allotted units (held in reserve, as with another non warfish site, Conquer Club)

From the Help page: Automatically skip players turn when the boot interval is reached: When a player reaches a turn time equal to the boot interval the game will automatically skip the player’s turn and discard the armies received during the missed turn. All of the player’s territories and cards stay owned without change.

Yertle is here.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)