3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 5
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I think The "Hordes!" tag currently placed on the "Anarchy" board is misleading.

It really has very little in the way of Hordes-like attributes

• Armies are produced regardless of whether or not the territories held by a player are adjacent.
    • The armies you create are not "in hand".  You don't place them.  They are automatically placed by factories.
    • Unlike any other board I can think of, the armies you create go mostly to your opponents!
    • Conversely, most of the armies put on your territories are placed on them when it's not your turn (especially in the beginning turns of the game).

In fact, the only hordes-like attribute that I can think of is that there is a lot of production.  I may have confused the issue early on the Dev phase when I attempted to describe the army production scheme as "Inside-Out Hordes".

I don't have a good suggestion for the correct taggage; is there a "Factories" tag?

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Mon 19th Dec 08:02 [history]

2. #2 / 5
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Sounds good, I removed/updated the Board tag for Anarchy, let me know if there is a better set for the board.  (I had used Hordes for a few other Horde-like attributes, but wasn't really sure if it fit.)

I agree, I think there should be a Factories tag (there currently isn't).

I'm also always up for updating the tags/difficulties as well, I look at the board a bit and sometimes the games that have been played, but do take a bit of a stab in the dark at some of them just to get the difficulty (so the board shows in the Board list) and a general idea of the gameplay.  Anyone just let me know if anything looks off.

Thanks!

3. #3 / 5
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

The problem with a "factories" tag is that there's such a wide range of factory functionality. I'm not saying there shouldn't be one, but I tend to use them conventionally (to put armies on the board in specific places), whereas Ed N. tends to use them to produce artificial movement of armies (creating a number of different functionalities and effects).

Perhaps there could be two "Factories" tags. - Conventional and Non-conventional..? 

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.

4. #4 / 5
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

lol -- "Abstract"

5. #5 / 5
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I'd group them just like Modifiers, there are different types, but simply Modifier works as the tag.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)