204 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Standard Member RECON
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

On more than 1 occasion I have erroneously not placed all my armies, or any and then hit attack or place and then can't go back to actually place all I could have placed.

A couple of people have also mentioned this to me so maybe it occurs more frequently than you might think.

Couldn't you just ask do you mean to not place all or any before place becomes permanent?

I realize this probably is only a problem on games in which you can keep armies in reserve.

RECON

2. #2 / 8
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

+1

Two Eyes for An Eye, The Jaw for A Tooth

3. #3 / 8
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

+1

I feel like if you haven't actually made an attach attack, you should be able to go back and undo the placement you've done.
    I've accidentally placed all of my armies in a landlocked country by accident a number of times, and figured it out only when I can't use that group of armies to attack.
    It's been more common for me on maps with lots of small countries (examples: Across the Great Divide, Colossal Crusade, etc)
    If you were sitting across the real game board from an opponent, I doubt that anyone would stop you from saying "well I meant them to be one country over."

Granted I'm a lot more careful these days, but I'm sure in a few weeks I'll start letting my guard down again and will do it again.

4. #4 / 8
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Added to the Feature request list.

5. #5 / 8
    Standard Member RECON
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Thanks, us old folks need all the help we can get! ha ha

RECON

6. #6 / 8
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

In this RT game http://www.wargear.net/games/view/165998 , my armies were put in reserve against my will and I could not place them despite I believe I did not do anything wrong.

So I believe there is a bug. At least it shows this issue is still in the request list ;)

Please Tom, would you cancel this game ? I sent several PM to TheChosen to kindly ask him to let himself get skipped like me to make the game back to what it should have been, or to terminate the game. But this guy was not intending to play fair and was obviously happy to steal 55 points from me. 

7. #7 / 8
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I don't think it's a bug, it's just a feature that has not been implemented. If you switch to Attack then your units are put in reserve automatically. The new player does have this feature implemented to prevent it happening accidentally.

8. #8 / 8
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

I don't think it's a bug, it's just a feature that has not been implemented. If you switch to Attack then your units are put in reserve automatically. The new player does have this feature implemented to prevent it happening accidentally.

Fine, I can't be sure you are not right as it happened when coming back from viewing the history, from what I can remember. But I am quite surprised as, as you know, I have played so many games.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)