212 Open Daily games
8 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 3
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I thought it might be cool to allow for different offensive/defensive dice based on which role a player had in a pre-defined scenario.  Differs from dice modifications based on location.  For example, one player can be set up with fewer units as he/she would be tougher to kill.  Another player could be set up with many units but easier to kill.  One player could have good offensive dice and poor defensive...and vice versa.

In this way, using the LOTR as example, different settings could be used for orcs, dwarves, elves, trolls, ents, etc.

Anyone agree?

2. #2 / 3
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I think that could be pretty cool.  It might be nice to expand it to other per seat advantages.  This might also make it easier to balance.  Maybe one player earns double cards, or another earns no cards (unless they capture some).  Other possibilities:

• % multiplier on continent bonuses. 
    • Individual territory bonus divisor.  
    • Individual fog settings.  (i.e. one player can see through the fog better).
    • minimum unit bonus

There is a lot you could do, and it all seems like it could work in the right situation.  Could be really fun for team games too - and uneven teams especially.  Maybe one team has 2 players with tons of advantages, and the other team has 5 players but no advantages.

I think you could do something similar by having these bonuses tied to a specific territory, and then make that territory a capital for each seat.

Edited Sat 28th May 16:47 [history]

3. #3 / 3
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Nice idea, I have added it to the feature request list at #106.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)