Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 12
    Standard Member Ender
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Can someone please describe what is going on here:

http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Axes+and+Allies/Rankings

I have finished 3 games so far and none of them a registering.  Plus it seems like only 1 game period has registered with 1 winner and 4 losers, in a 3v2 team game?

2. #2 / 12
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Rankings are only kept for non-team games, in which there's only been one finished.  (I think you get added to the Rankings tab with 0s when you complete a game (possibly needs to be a Public game).

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

3. #3 / 12
    Standard Member Ender
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Any possibility to modify the ranking structure for this board... I mean it would be really cool to FINALLY keep track...

4. #4 / 12
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yes it looks like the only game that booked a ranking was from a Free For All scenario.

5. #5 / 12
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ender wrote:

Any possibility to modify the ranking structure for this board... I mean it would be really cool to FINALLY keep track...

Team Rankings have been discussed.  Would be cool to see them implemented.

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

6. #6 / 12
    Standard Member Ender
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

But AnA (while some people are trying to be adapted to FFA style) so by DEFINITION a win on that board is a team win.  If you recorded a win/loss record and a axis/allies statistic, it would track everything relevant to the board.

7. #7 / 12
    Standard Member Oatworm
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I think fractional wins would make the most sense here. 0.33 wins if you win as the Allies, 0.5 wins if you win as the Axis. This would probably not be too far off from the actual win rates, either.

asm, RiskyBack and Ozyman wrote:
    I... can't find anything wrong with this line of reasoning...

8. #8 / 12
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Oatworm wrote:

I think fractional wins would make the most sense here. 0.33 wins if you win as the Allies, 0.5 wins if you win as the Axis. This would probably not be too far off from the actual win rates, either.

Can the rankings distinguish between Scenarios?  Would a win on the FFA scenario still be fractional?

9. #9 / 12
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

At the moment all scenarios are treated the same. A decision was taken a while back to have a single ranking per board rather than a ranking per scenario. Of course regular and team stats are separate.

10. #10 / 12
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

At the moment all scenarios are treated the same. A decision was taken a while back to have a single ranking per board rather than a ranking per scenario. Of course regular and team stats are separate.

This is somewhat unfortunate.  There are some boards for which the quality of play for that board diminishes with some scenarios.  Luckily, one can differentiate their critique in the body of comment of their rating.

One way around this would be to have multiple releases of the same (or similar) boards.  Of course these may be panned by the reviewing committee, but it raises the question, "What constitutes enough change for a design to have more than one released version?  ..Different map? ..Moving locations of territories? ..Different dice mods? Combinations of these?

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

11. #11 / 12
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I think we're talking two separate things here; the one Ranking per board was referring to the points/CP system vs. I think M57 is talking about Ratings (i.e. user feedback/board critique score).

12. #12 / 12
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'm sure you're right.. sorry - wasn't reading the entire thread..

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)