198 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 5
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Maybe this is more public than Tom wants to be, but I think it would be useful to have a public listing of the tasks that he has on his plate.  Something like Bugzilla or Jira or RT or something.  I think most of these tools have a way of sorting/prioritizing tasks so we could see what Tom is planning on working on next, or how far down the queue our favorite new feature is.  Users would know if Tom already knows about some bug.  Users can usually comment on the bugs to give useful information.  There might even be a way for the users to vote on things so that Tom can see what the community is interested in.

There are several free bug-trackers that can be installed on the wargear host (bugzilla, RT).  Or I found this one that will even host it for you for free (http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBugz/StudentAndStartup.html).

Maybe the way Tom is handling things now works for him, but I know if I was working on something with the scale of wargear, I would want some tool to help me track issues.

2. #2 / 5
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Good idea, I've thought about it before and taken a look at a few different options. I'd be keen to have a bug / feature tracking system fully integrated into the site but the options I've tried so far haven't been that great. This one looks good though, I have signed up and will have a play over the weekend.

There's also quite a daunting amount of work to get the current bug and feature list imported to the new system.

3. #3 / 5
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

Good idea, I've thought about it before and taken a look at a few different options. I'd be keen to have a bug / feature tracking system fully integrated into the site but the options I've tried so far haven't been that great. This one looks good though, I have signed up and will have a play over the weekend.

There's also quite a daunting amount of work to get the current bug and feature list imported to the new system.

I'm sure there are a lot of people here who would be willing to help with bug fixes, depending how "Open Source" you want to be with this site. 

4. #4 / 5
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I found this list on wikpedia of "Issue Tracking Systems":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_issue_tracking_systems

Edited Sat 29th Jan 15:40 [history]

5. #5 / 5
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

I don't necessarily have all the bugs memorized, but I don't think you really have too great of a "backlog" of bugs, that list wouldn't be too difficult (I actually start one every now and then and then realize there aren't enough or they are so minor that it's not enough to make a thread over :P). 

Feature list could be tricky, but again, not something super that overwhelming IMO.

Odd hearing about programs we use at work :P.

For the record, about knowing the bugs/features on WG seems pretty creepy doesn't it?  I promise I'm not some wacko who spends every minute on WG memorizing stuff (by acknowledging that it may be creepy does make it less creepy right? {#emotions_dlg.suspicious})

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)