2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 4
    Standard Member Gandler
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Hi just registered a couple days ago, I am a huge fan of risk so I figured I'd check this site out (I cam across it in a random google search). Seems like a cool site and I got started in a couple of games and I love it. I look foward to becoming a member of the community. But I have some noob questions as far as gameplay goes.

What is the difference between turn based and similgear gamplay types?

Also, what exactly is artillery, I still can't figure it out what is is how to get/ how to use it?

Everything else I think I understand as it is more or less original board game risk but you can play on all kinds of maps which is awesome.

2. #2 / 4
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Hello Gandler.  Try the FAQ because it has the answers you seek.

http://www.wargear.net/help/display/FAQ

You can click on the question and it will take you to the answer.  Both of those are covered pretty well and if you look through the Help section you can find more in depth answers probably.

Good luck in your games unless you are playing against me and then you won't really need luck!

Where's Hugh?

3. #3 / 4
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

if you find your questions not answered or have others, feel free to drop them in the forums. someone will get them answered for you. oh and welcome.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

4. #4 / 4
    Standard Member Oatworm
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Welcome Gandler! To answer your questions, and since I've never been a huge fan of "RTFM" responses (though I certainly do encourage you to read the FAQ)...

Artillery: An attack border that can kill units but cannot occupy the resulting territory. Using the original Risk game as an example, a map designer could create an "artillery" border from, say, Greenland to Siberia (Arctic bombing?), which would allow you to attack Siberia from Greenland until you either exhaust your own armies, until you stop the attack, or until Siberia's armies are reduced to 1, whichever comes first. It would not, however, let you conquer Siberia from Greenland - only weaken it.

SimulGear: A different turn-recording system than the traditional Risk-style turns that we all know and love. The goal is to allow all players to take their turns semi-simultaneously. It accomplishes this by requiring all players in a game to declare a list of orders in a turn (e.g. "Attack Ontario from Greenland with 4 armies", "Transfer 2 units from Congo to South Africa", etc.), then executing each order from each player sequentially (e.g. player 1's first order, player 2's first order, player 3's first order, player 1's second order, player 2's second order, etc.). Reading the FAQ will definitely help you on this one.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

asm and RiskyBack wrote:
    I... can't find anything wrong with this line of reasoning...

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)