184 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Standard Member TMBJon
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I am certain I'm not the first to think of this, but it would be great to be able to play turns on my iPhone. That seems to be the one thing Warfish has over WarGear.

2. #2 / 8
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Wargear is all in Flash and Iphone don't do flash.  Get a Droid X!  I can play on my phone but I never do because it's kinda annoying and the X has the biggest screen of any phone (I think, it's pretty huge).

Where's Hugh?

3. #3 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

TMBJon wrote:

I am certain I'm not the first to think of this, but it would be great to be able to play turns on my iPhone. That seems to be the one thing Warfish has over WarGear.

You can play turns on WF?  Site's been down for days Wink *bang bang clash*!

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

Yertle: I really don't know what we'd be doing if tom didn't start WG
    Yertle: scary to think about :p
    RiskyBack: You'd have more kids and I'd have a real job, probably

4. #4 / 8
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I agree, an iPhone / Android compatible version of the Player would be a huge plus for the site. I'm still undecided whether to do this as a separate App for each platform or just do it in HTML5 which will run on both. Either way it is some way off as there's a fair bit of development work needed.

5. #5 / 8
    Standard Member The Worm
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Yes I play Warfish all the time on my iPhone... I'm a WF transplant but this restriction is limiting my ability to play more frequently. Just some sort of way to play on the iPhone over the web (non flash) even if it's not an app

6. #6 / 8
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

aside from being easier to charge people for content, i do not see the value in apps. make it run in a browser.

In your Face!

7. #7 / 8
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I think HTML5 is probably the way to go - it's being touted as the replacement for Flash and is the future proof direction to take the site in as all the major browsers (including mobile ones) are rushing to support it.

However dedicated Apps would be nice - I can envisage a really slick interface, I think playing WarGear on an iPad for example would be awesome. It would really help increase the number of real time players also.

8. #8 / 8
    Standard Member AdamN
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

I agree... sigh! If I just hadn't lost my ipad two days ago!!!! Did I mention it is my work ipad...woooo is me!

sniffle. sniffle

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)