173 Open Daily games
5 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 3
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I've seen a few Dev boards that are looking for uneven teams (2vs3, 1vs3, etc.) but want to test prior to that functionality being implemented.  I thought of one way to get around this for Dev testing would be to add "dummy" seats/players to even the teams up but give the dummy seat just a single empty territory that will be quickly eliminated.  Dummy seat could then either go to a player or a test account.

Just a thought for the interim.  Any ETA on uneven teams tom?

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

Yertle: I really don't know what we'd be doing if tom didn't start WG
    Yertle: scary to think about :p
    RiskyBack: You'd have more kids and I'd have a real job, probably

2. #2 / 3
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

I thought of one way to get around this for Dev testing would be to add "dummy" seats/players to even the teams up

I thought that was what I was for

Where's Hugh?

3. #3 / 3
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I also was wondering if there would be a territory allocation system that would allow us to allocate spaces for one team or another and then the system would randomly give those territories out to members of that team.  For example, if there was a Spanish Armada attacking England you would have ships in the fleet randomly given to players on a team.  It would lead to more team play right from the get go to start trying to get people the best possition and make every game a little different.

Just a thought, I don't really have any ideas to use it but I thought it would be cool.

Where's Hugh?

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)