218 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 11
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Seems like the Rank column should be filled out for Public games, and updated at the completion of a game (i.e. http://www.wargear.net/games/view/3659 ).

Yertle check!

2. #2 / 11
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Also looks like the Board Rankings page isn't getting updated correctly either: http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Global%20Warfare/Rankings

3. #3 / 11
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

The Game Win Ratios on the Player Stats page isn't getting updated correctly.  On my Profile it shows that I have win ratio for 4 player games as 1/1 (100%), yet I have two Public 4 player games that are completed (War (Lost) and Global Warfare (Won)).  Unless I'm missing something?  These are going to be tougher to see after more games are played.

4. #4 / 11
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

Seems like the Rank column should be filled out for Public games, and updated at the completion of a game (i.e. http://www.wargear.net/games/view/3659 ).

That looks fixed.

However, when at the Join phase the Rank of players Joined always displays 1000, and the Played/Won/% columns are all at 0 even if players have a Ranking.

5. #5 / 11
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    However, when at the Join phase the Rank of players Joined always displays 1000, and the Played/Won/% columns are all at 0 even if players have a Ranking.

It would also be nice to see your Rank for the map on the Join page prior to joining Public games.

6. #6 / 11
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Question the Rank that you see on the Home page (on the right hand side with the Ranking Score/Champ. Points/Win Record), what is that based off of? My current Rank says #45, yet I don't see a list that I am #45 on. Global Ranking I'm 22, Board Championships I'm 46 (close, but still different), and G Rating I'm 23. Just curious, not a big deal (unless it was far off from all of them, somehow I assume it is Board Championship because it is close).

7. #7 / 11
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Ok the rankings should all be correct now on the game join page, rankings pages and board rankings page thanks Yertle. At the moment the home page shows your Global Ranking, however I'm planning to change this to the Board Ranking at a later date once the site has a few more boards as I think this is a better measure and encourages play across lots of boards.

8. #8 / 11
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

How dare you intrude on Yertle's discussion with Yertle!

9. #9 / 11
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

:P
    Awesome tom!

Percentages could probably be truncated at some point before 12 decimal places, just for looks.  A percent of 0.579545454545% seems a bit extreme...actually that should be multiplied by 100 so you have a number of 0 right?

Also should Live games be updated at the completion of a game, for example if you're in two games of Cram's War and one finished, should the Rank of the other that is still Live be updated?  Not sure why this game http://www.wargear.net/games/view/3943 shows I have a Rank of 1000 when I have a Rank of 980 (at the time of this post, http://www.wargear.net/players/info/Yertle/Board%20Rankings )

Edited Fri 20th Nov 09:40 [history]

10. #10 / 11
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Ok this should be fixed also... good spot Yertle! It was a little quirk where the stats code needs to check if a board has been retired, if so the stats of the Live board should be updated, not the Retired board.

Whereabouts does the percentage need rounding?

11. #11 / 11
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Why not at 2 decimal places just for like, balance?

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)