218 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   «««101112131415161718   (18 in total)
  1. #321 / 350
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/40906

In this game you can't abandon your capital, even if it means you'll still have a capital once abandoned.  Is there anything I can do to remedy this, so you can hop capitals?

2. #322 / 350
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

To be more specific, Can the server tell that abandoning your capital won't actually eliminate you because you will have another capital immediately?

3. #323 / 350
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

This might be leaning towards suggestions box instead of Bugs... but this could be remedied by setting a class of territories as "irrelevant" territories, which don't count towards being on the board, so if all you have left are irrelevant territories, you are eliminated.

4. #324 / 350
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Right now you can't abandon any type of capital. This could be an added feature / rule option - e.g. 'Allow capital abandonment' (except your last capital if revert to neutral is enabled).

Or it could just be retrofitted as the default option without a new rule?

5. #325 / 350
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:
    Yertle wrote:

Why isn't this History coming up? http://www.wargear.net/games/player/34525

I would guess it was fogged - I have seen games with fog have unviewable histories before - but not always. Here's another - http://www.wargear.net/games/player/34224

Pressing the history refresh button fixes the problem. I'm not sure why, will look into it.

6. #326 / 350
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

Right now you can't abandon any type of capital. This could be an added feature / rule option - e.g. 'Allow capital abandonment' (except your last capital if revert to neutral is enabled).

Or it could just be retrofitted as the default option without a new rule?

I think this was brought up before.  IMO it could be retrofitted as default without a rule.  Seems like you should be able to abandon a capital as long as you still have another (and the other one isn't empty with revert to neutral enabled).

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

7. #327 / 350
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

OK I'll add it in.

8. #328 / 350
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Somewhat related - it would also be cool to allow selective abandonment of territories. That is instead of having abandon "on" for all territories, you had the ability to control which were able to be abandoned.

9. #329 / 350
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Amidon37:  A few people were pushing for that for a while, myself included.

tom/Yertle:  So you will be able to abandon a capital, assuming you have another,  correct?  Does this mean with abandon on and retain until end of turn, you will be able to abandon a capital, even if it's your last, if it involves taking another?  It's risky...

10. #330 / 350
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/1751

Here's the issue.  I want you to be eliminated when you are no longer on the map area.  So I made every territory a capital city, except for the ones that only fortify to the map, which have no access points, since I don't want you to be able to take them... so I want you to be able to abandon your capital, and retain color, since you take another one every time you move.  I suppose this would work if you just had to leave 1 behind and fortify it in to your new capital at the end of the turn, but it's not exactly what I was hoping for.  So I need some territories to not matter, I either do that by making the rest capitals (which doesn't allow me to move)  Or render the others irrelevant, which isn't an option.   Any ideas?

11. #331 / 350
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

When setting Vacation, the days of the week are White text on Light-Grey back drop which is tough to read.

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

12. #332 / 350
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Edward Nygma wrote:

Amidon37:  A few people were pushing for that for a while, myself included.

tom/Yertle:  So you will be able to abandon a capital, assuming you have another,  correct?  Does this mean with abandon on and retain until end of turn, you will be able to abandon a capital, even if it's your last, if it involves taking another?  It's risky...

No, if revert to neutral is set to end of turn then you will not be able to abandon the capital. Basically the cannot be a possibility of you eliminating yourself.

13. #333 / 350
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

But what if you are taking over a Capital and guaranteed to win (due to dice or the next capital is abandoned)?  I assumed that was EN's question.

14. #334 / 350
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Correct.

15. #335 / 350
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    tom wrote:
    Alpha wrote:

team overflow repeated here with the team brains:

http://www.wargear.net/tournaments/view/213?hidenewmsg=1#Messages

This bug has been fixed.

Doesn't appear that team has been fixed though.

*ASAP* 30 of 32 players joined!

And broke again: http://www.wargear.net/tournaments/view/213 ; Trying to join Brains nets the message: "There are no spare seats left in that team"

Edited Thu 16th Dec 22:27 [history]

16. #336 / 350
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Fixed that one too.

17. #337 / 350
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Don't know if this qualifies as a bug, but this morning I wasn't able to log in and had to reset my password.

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

18. #338 / 350
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Trying to trade in my cards in game http://www.wargear.net/games/player/40958 .

When I select one card the "Trade Cards" button lights up but when selecting more than the first card the "Trade Cards" button gets unselectable and I am not able to trade the card set.

19. #339 / 350
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

So if you take a capital, can you abandon your previous capital, since you captured a new one?  Also, "What Yertle asked about perfect dice or empty territories"?

20. #340 / 350
    Standard Member smoke
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Tom - There's an intermittent error I've now seen a couple of times in Simulgear games -- where different attack/defend % applies depending on which direction you're attacking over a border, sometimes they're swapped.

An example -- take a look at moves 483-487 in game 40731 (Hordes of China). It shows 3 attacks, all from Chinese territories to a territory outside China. An attack from China to outside China should have a 75%/70% A/D advantage, as you see applied correctly in 485 and 487. But in 483, a 50%/70% A/D applies, which is what normally the non-china territory attacking into china would receive. You can see the error happen again on move 495, where an attack from outside China receives the "china" advantage.

Edited Sun 19th Dec 04:57 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   «««101112131415161718   (18 in total)