210 Open Daily games
4 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 6
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I'm not sure if this is the way it should be or not but in my Risk-E-Vaders map there is abandon and Capitals but it won't let you abandon a capital even if you have another one, is that the way it is supposed to be?  I had planed the bonuses so that you should do that when you eliminate someone but it doesn't seem to work.

If this is the way it is supposed to be I can update the map, I just want clearification, please.

The Status is NOT quo

2. #2 / 6
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Sounds like that's working as planned... you can't ever abandon a capital even if you have more than one.

Although potentially this could be changed.

3. #3 / 6
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: Sounds like that's working as planned... you can't ever abandon a capital even if you have more than one.

Hmmmm, seems like if you have at least 1 capital you should be able to abandon the other.  The abandon becomes a Neutral Capital.

Why was it planned to where you can't abandon "extra" capitals?

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Seek Yours Today. Get Uncomfortable.

4. #4 / 6
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Although Risky, I guess you could turn Capital City Capture Off, in which case the Capital is "destroyed" upon elimination and should be available to be abandoned (still changes the game some).

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Seek Yours Today. Get Uncomfortable.

5. #5 / 6
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I could just take that bonus away all together. It was just an attempt to make things more complicated.

The Status is NOT quo

6. #6 / 6
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    tom wrote: Sounds like that's working as planned... you can't ever abandon a capital even if you have more than one.

Hmmmm, seems like if you have at least 1 capital you should be able to abandon the other.  The abandon becomes a Neutral Capital.

Why was it planned to where you can't abandon "extra" capitals?

Yeah I can't really remember why I made that decision. It was probably because it was easier to code :)

To change it now might break some other board functionality so it would probably have to be done via an additional rule setting 'Allow capital abandonment'.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)