204 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 11
    Premium Member blackJack
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I'd like to be able to respond to discussion about the board design within the public comments of games using the boards i've made.

For example: A group using my map discussed the general flaw of stronghold style maps being the endless buildup of troops in the castles. I agree and made a change to cap the number but was unable to query their suggested cap or notify them it had been fixed.

2. #2 / 11
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Could post on their profiles (comments in game swould be nice though too).

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Seek Yours Today. Get Uncomfortable.

3. #3 / 11
    Premium Member blackJack
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Thanks Yertle, it's hard for the conversation to go anywhere if it splits into profile postings.
    I guess this leads back into that suggestion about the board owner being added as a viewer to his boards. He could essentially be like a player who is already eliminated.

4. #4 / 11
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

thought we could post to any game we wanted? 11s and asm seemed to be able to once upon a time.

Don't Taze Me Bro!

5. #5 / 11
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Anyone see any downside to this? Obviously would only be for Public games... I think it's a good idea personally.

6. #6 / 11
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: Anyone see any downside to this? Obviously would only be for Public games... I think it's a good idea personally.

Makes sense to me, would be nice if somehow it was indicated that the message was from the Designer who is not in the game (if he isn't in the game) though, and possibly a way for the Designer to flag to "watch" the game or receive a notification if further messages were posted in the game (this would be nice for other players as well, such as Eliminations or Reviews).

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

7. #7 / 11
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    tom wrote: Anyone see any downside to this? Obviously would only be for Public games... I think it's a good idea personally.

Makes sense to me, would be nice if somehow it was indicated that the message was from the Designer who is not in the game (if he isn't in the game) though, and possibly a way for the Designer to flag to "watch" the game or receive a notification if further messages were posted in the game (this would be nice for other players as well, such as Eliminations or Reviews).

THIS IS SUCH A GOOD IDEA.

I occasionally do like to check in on games I'm not a part of... most often when I've been a big part of the developmental process for a board, I try to stay out of the review games, but when I look at them I frequently want to participate in the conversation, naturally having played a ton of test games I feel like my perspective on the board's merits is valuable (well, I feel like my perspective is always valuable, but that's another issue), so I jump in and add to the conversation... but sometimes I forget to go back.

I have no idea how you'd implement a "games you're not in watchlist" or where it'd go, but I would LOVE to have it.

Also, yes, designers should be able to chat in games played on their boards.

Cramchakle wrote: [anything]
    I agree

8. #8 / 11
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

So basically a 'flag game' option and this would appear as an option in drop down list on the My Games tab? Or would they always appear?

9. #9 / 11
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: So basically a 'flag game' option and this would appear as an option in drop down list on the My Games tab? Or would they always appear?

That would be cool, as long as it could be used on games you aren't actually in.  Sounds like also could be used as a Favorite Games flag (something I always wanted on WF) if it was allowed on any game, even games you are in.

What's Your Passion?

10. #10 / 11
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I like that idea... so favorite games could be used to keep track of cool games that you were in as well as by designers to keep track of games they've commented on etc etc.

11. #11 / 11
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: So basically a 'flag game' option and this would appear as an option in drop down list on the My Games tab? Or would they always appear?

This would suit perfectly I think. As long as flag/unflag is a pretty straightforward execution, and as Yertle said available on any game on the site, and then the option in My Games dropdown is great implementation. This is such an incredibly awesome idea.

Cramchakle wrote: [anything]
    I agree

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)