226 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 11
    Standard Member DeadByDawn
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

OK, please don't flame me if this has already been suggested. I am not going to search through 4 pages of threads to find out.

I have had some trouble missing in game messages lately. I keep forgetting to scroll down to see them. I really like how the game page is laid out and don't mind scrolling, but it would be cool to have a notifier on the top of the page that indicates if there are any new (since your last turn time stamp) public or private messages.

2. #2 / 11
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

People have somewhat mentioned it, but I don't think there has been a real big discussion on it. I agree it would be nice, it would even be nice if this was somehow attached to the game list row, just an icon stating new messages (Warlight has something similar to this, although I think their messages were in a different window from the game, which I didn't like). This way you could see new messages were posted when just looking at your game list rather than having to go into the game which could come in handy too when it's not your turn.

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Seek Yours Today. Get Uncomfortable.

3. #3 / 11
    Standard Member DeadByDawn
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote: This way you could see new messages were posted when just looking at your game list rather than having to go into the game which could come in handy too when it's not your turn.

Yes, I like this idea much better.

4. #4 / 11
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

You guys must have super fast computers. It always takes 3-5 seconds or so for the game data to load for me, which I use to quickly scroll down and check for new posts.

Cramchakle wrote: [anything]
    I agree

5. #5 / 11
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

asm wrote: You guys must have super fast computers. It always takes 3-5 seconds or so for the game data to load for me, which I use to quickly scroll down and check for new posts.

I've gotten used to doing that too, but it would be nice to not, and it would be nice to be able to see if there are new messages without going into the game.

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

6. #6 / 11
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I'll put something together.. will probably have to be based on messages since your last turn, is that sufficient?

7. #7 / 11
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: I'll put something together.. will probably have to be based on messages since your last turn, is that sufficient?

Hmmmm, so if it says you have a new message, then you go in and look at it before your turn, will it still say you have a new message?  Or would it be able to see the last time you went to the board/flash page? I'm guessing this may be no, which would be kind of a bummer IMO.

What's Your Passion?

8. #8 / 11
    Standard Member EnixNeo
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I was just about to suggest this. I like your idea.

9. #9 / 11
    Premium Member Genghis Jhon
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

I still run into this problem, not noticing messages until after I've taken my turn. (Maybe I'm just really unobservant. Friends do occasionally refer to me as Captain Oblivious.) In one case a while back, I got into a simulgear team game in a tournament, and when it finally started, didn't realize it was a team game. Because simulgear doesn't notify you that you're attacking a teammate, I really peeved my partner... I rather wish new messages, or at least a flashing, or other highly visible indicator of new messages, was visible at the top of the screen while taking your turn.

Thoughts?

10. #10 / 11
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Genghis Jhon wrote:

I still run into this problem, not noticing messages until after I've taken my turn. (Maybe I'm just really unobservant. Friends do occasionally refer to me as Captain Oblivious.) In one case a while back, I got into a simulgear team game in a tournament, and when it finally started, didn't realize it was a team game. Because simulgear doesn't notify you that you're attacking a teammate, I really peeved my partner... I rather wish new messages, or at least a flashing, or other highly visible indicator of new messages, was visible at the top of the screen while taking your turn.

Thoughts?

This is a pretty old thread and the icon has already been implemented.  You can notice it next to the game name from the game list or (if you're already in the game) there will be a flashing notification at the top.

Also, with the growl system, you now get a growl when there is a message posted.

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

11. #11 / 11
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

yeah but the envelop doesn't disappear when you enter the new player like it did on the flash. you have to click the envelop or the text atop the board in order for it to go away.

and it gets set on your own messages.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)