218 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 6
    Standard Member warqueer
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I have played zillagen5 many of times and am playing cadzilla53 right now.  They seem very similar as if they are the same person.  Is this allowed?  I am only playing 2 player game so they are not cheating against me, but they may against others?

2. #2 / 6
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

1. You should report suspicious behavior to Tom via the links at the bottom of the game pages.  We try not to judge who is/is not cheating in the forums.

2. Having multiple accounts that never play in the same game is not exactly against the rules as I see them (for example many designers have multiple accounts that they use to test their boards.) but it can raise flags.  Perhaps the player wanted to start over with his rankings and retired one account.  

3. #3 / 6
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:

1. You should report suspicious behavior to Tom via the links at the bottom of the game pages.  We try not to judge who is/is not cheating in the forums.

2. Having multiple accounts that never play in the same game is not exactly against the rules as I see them (for example many designers have multiple accounts that they use to test their boards.) but it can raise flags.  Perhaps the player wanted to start over with his rankings and retired one account.  

I think the appropriate thing to do in that second case is to make a note on the second account - that explains.

"I shall pass this way but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

4. #4 / 6
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:

Re: 1. Yes, absolutely.

Re: 2. Actually, it is one of the very few things there is an explicitly enumerated rule against on the site.

From the T's and C's.

There is a strict one account per person rule operating on WarGear which is in operation to prevent cheating from taking place. Anyone who is found to have multiple accounts is liable to have all their accounts deleted and be banned from using WarGear. Please report any suspected cheating using multiple accounts to [email protected].

The only case in which multiple accounts are permitted is for board designers to use them for testing boards. These accounts may be used in Private games only.

That said, if someone isn't playing multiple accounts in the same game(s), then I, personally, don't really care. There are lots of acceptable/innocuous reasons to have a second account. But I didn't make - and don't enforce - the rules, so this conversation is all technicality.

In your Face!

Edited Wed 25th Nov 16:30 [history]

5. #5 / 6
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Thanks cram.  I looked for this but couldn't find it.  Been a while since I read the rules. 

6. #6 / 6
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

It is against the rules (unless done strictly for Board Development purposes) although not strictly cheating.

I've asked the player to nominate which account they will use going forward and the other one will be terminated.

In future though as others have said, a PM is best otherwise possible false accusations can cause lots of angst!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)