216 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Does this question even make sense?  What is the minimum dimensions for a map in the Flash Player?  Seems like there is no vertical minimum, but if the map is not a certain width then a backdrop is needed or a color needs chosen, if longer than the minimum then the Flash extends.  Is it 1024?

Thanks!

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Seek Yours Today. Get Uncomfortable.

2. #2 / 8
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I'm not 100%, but it most likely depends on your browser/monitor setup and the map image size.

When I deal with map images, I usually use 1024 as the width; it seems to be the max I can get without side-scrolling problems.

Risky's kinda-a-big-deal-ness was so massive it spilled over, so I'm handling the excess here.

3. #3 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Toaster wrote: I'm not 100%, but it most likely depends on your browser/monitor setup and the map image size.

I thought about that, but I have two different size monitors and the Flash player looks the same.  Then if I resize the browser window it seems to keep a certain dimension (ie there is a side scroll bar before I actually hit map, due to the Player Info Bar and the different tabs in the Flash).

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

4. #4 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Hmmmm 1000 width seems to be big enough so that it spans the Flash :/ Not sure if that is the Minimum though.

What's Your Passion?

5. #5 / 8
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

You could make the background and border transparent maybe?

Connect Some is a good example of a small board so you can take measurements from that.

6. #6 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: You could make the background and border transparent maybe?

Connect Some is a good example of a small board so you can take measurements from that.

Ya, that's what I'm doing for one my maps, but the other I'd like to just make the minimum width so as it lines up with the Flash player, right now I know it's smaller than the minimum.

What's Your Passion?

7. #7 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

So testing this out, am I correct in the Flash Player width is 980? Does this ever fluctuate tom?

What's Your Passion?

8. #8 / 8
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

It won't unless the interface changes markedly. Which I'm not planning to do.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)