1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   12345   (5 in total)
  1. #41 / 90
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

It looks like there is a lot of consensus to me: outcome based with percentage and standard deviation formats. I'd say it was given up on because no one wanted to put any more time into developing it in more detail.

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

2. #42 / 90
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

It's definitely on the radar to do... the only thing I am not sure of is where the information will be presented - in the Player or on the game view page (or both).

3. #43 / 90
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: It's definitely on the radar to do... the only thing I am not sure of is where the information will be presented - in the Player or on the game view page (or both).

Well, seeing as it's more of a "bragging rights" type of thing, i.e. "I rolled crap and still whooped your ass", you might think that it should be on the view page.  But wouldn't it be cool if it was a "real-time" player stat, right there with territories and cards owned etc, with the option for a pop-up that would give more detail and let you enter a range to evaluate.

The other thing that comes to mind is a "Luck" button right next the "History" button, because after the game is over, and people go back to do a post-mortem, there it is.. right next to History where it belongs.

BAO alternative:
    Edited Wed 28th Jul 20:49 [history]

4. #44 / 90
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

In the Info tab.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

5. #45 / 90
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote: In the Info tab.

I'd say that makes the most sense.

Going into the game is an extra click/wait, but if you are really that curious then you may be going there for the History anyway.

6. #46 / 90
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

well if you're not in the player then there are easier ways; but if you *were* in the player, which is the case in this argument, then that's really the only place you can put it. can't put it in the 'play' tab as that highlights info on the board itself. can't put it in the 'cards' tab (well i spose you could if the other ppl's info was there too, but its not currently). can't put it in the 'board' tab - same reason as the 'play' tab. can't really put it in the 'history' tab; that just doen't make sense - plus it highlights the game board too. info tab is the only place left without creating a seperate tab, and that's just silly.

oh wait i was thinking this argument was for the player's profile...time for bed...

but the end result of my argument is the same; putting the luck stats on the info page makes the most sense too.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Thu 29th Jul 00:24 [history]

7. #47 / 90
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

well if you're not in the player then there are easier ways; but if you *were* in the player, which is the case in this argument, then that's really the only place you can put it. can't put it in the 'play' tab as that highlights info on the board itself. can't put it in the 'cards' tab (well i spose you could if the other ppl's info was there too, but its not currently). can't put it in the 'board' tab - same reason as the 'play' tab. can't really put it in the 'history' tab; that just doen't make sense - plus it highlights the game board too. info tab is the only place left without creating a seperate tab, and that's just silly.

oh wait i was thinking this argument was for the player's profile...time for bed...

but the end result of my argument is the same; putting the luck stats on the info page makes the most sense too.

Lol I was wondering what you were talking about :p

Yep to that too though :D

8. #48 / 90
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i'm tired leave me alone!

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

9. #49 / 90
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

History tab. The reason is that current or cumulative luck stats require the history log information in order to calculate. You don't want to load in the history information by default every time you enter a game to take your turn, especially in very long games.

Of course cumulative to-date luck stats could be recalculated at the end of each person's turn and saved somewhere else, in which case they could go pretty much anywhere. Info graph at the bottom of each board is already a little crowded but would be a logical place, maybe a separate luck graph underneath the info graph.

In terms of development this falls into the Hordes category. I have js code for determining luck but can do no development work on the flash player or anything that involves DB access.

Mongrel: "Yeah, If 11s is not eliminated in the first 5 rounds - back to the drawing board." SO TRUE!

10. #50 / 90
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Agree with Mongrel.

Is that a quorum?

...and is a douchebag

11. #51 / 90
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I really wasn't thinking of the History or the Info Tab. I was thinking luck would have it's own tab.  Who here actually uses the info tab?  ..maybe non-premium members?  ..or do they even have that button?  I mean, all that player stats stuff is right below the game.  Why bother to have that tab in the first place?

Tom said it could be in a couple places.  I'd like to see a basic cumulative number, like a stdev number right below the game in the player stats section.  Then breakdown numbers and graphs either have their own tab, or go in with the info tab in the player.

BAO alternative:

12. #52 / 90
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

the info tab is for the non-premium to get their board info from. and a luck stat is not enough information to have it's own tab. throw it on the info tab as there's lots of room and a luck stat is ... information ... about the game!

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Thu 29th Jul 10:38 [history]

13. #53 / 90
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Agree with WT.

edit: But History would be ok too.

Give a man fire and he's warm for a day... but set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    Edited Thu 29th Jul 12:23 [history]

14. #54 / 90
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

the info tab is for the non-premium to get their board info from. and a luck stat is not enough information to have it's own tab. throw it on the info tab as there's lots of room and a luck stat is ... information ... about the game!

To be sure..  but while a "luck stat" may not be enough information for it's own tab, "luck stats" could be more than enough information.  The graphic possibilities alone may suggest that luck stats could eat up a number of windows.  Like how 'bout a popup real-time "luckometer"? ..where you can set it to return a running luck average over the last 10, 20, 30, rolls, etc.

BAO alternative:

15. #55 / 90
    Where's the armor? Mongrel
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

asm wrote: Agree with Mongrel.

Is that a quorum?

Damn right, wait, did I give an opinion?

Longest innings. Most deadly.

16. #56 / 90
    Standard Member Cyan-ide
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I know my voice is small amongst the rest, but I would like to put in my vote for some sort of luck statistics!

I feel naked without having the ability to look at the luck and confirm that I am in fact getting completely raped by the dice.  It actually makes me feel better to see it as a statistic, after losing 10 to 2 repeatedly.  

It would also be kinda nice to have some sort of global luck statistic on your player profile which shows your overall luck across all games you have played.  I'm absolutely positive mine would be about -20... there is something about Wargear dice that I have never seen before on any other site... I've learned to play more defense on Wargear, whereas on the other site I am nearly always rewarded for going on the offensive.  It's weird, sometimes it makes me angry. :)

17. #57 / 90
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Welcome to the forums Cy.  With your current H-rating of 74%, it's hard to imagine that you could actually be complaining.  Anyways, it looks like luck stats are coming soon.

My guess is that for every time you've lost 10 to take 2, you've probably won 10 with 2 defending?  You just don't notice those, do you? 

Really, what would a sum luck stats number do?  My thinking is that unless it's expressed in terms of standard deviation it would mean practically nothing because it will converge on 0 after a few hundred games.

..and that's just not going to happen because calculating SD that far out would bring the system to its knees.

BAO alternative:
    Edited Fri 21st Jan 20:12 [history]

18. #58 / 90
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote: Really, the only point of the luck stats is to complain about someone else's dice or your own dice. It doesn't really help play at all since the trend is just imaginary really. Wargear doesn't care who you are, it just does the random numbers each time. Yes, I'm sure that if you tracked enough you would find a pattern as it is based off of an equation and not really random but why bother with all that.

I've made a comment before about how players might use Luck Stat info.  Would you be more or less inclined to attack somebody if they have high defense luck stats?

19. #59 / 90
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

If I roll a 6 three times in a row, would you be more, or perhaps less inclined to think that I would roll it again?

..or are you implying that the engine is prone to do so?

BAO alternative:
    Edited Sat 22nd Jan 06:48 [history]

20. #60 / 90
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

That's an interesting point...so you're saying it might bring to light the true "randomness" of the RNG?

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12345   (5 in total)