205 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Imagine 2 friends, or 2 relatives, who keep playing in the same games/tournaments despite they have been asked several times not to in order to eliminate all doubt.

In a RR tournament, imagine they drag along the game between them 2 to make sure it will be the last one of the tournament. Imagine they do that to be in a position to decide who will need the last victory to win the tournament.  Imagine the one who needs a point is not in a winning position but they fear their game will be studied so it's difficult to give victory without it shows.

Imagine this player in a winning position on that game decides to get booted, despite it would be the first time in a year and a half. 

Could this be regarded as cheating ?

2. #2 / 8
    Standard Member YuriZ
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

That's just wrong!

3. #3 / 8
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

purely hypothetical situation, I'm sure.

4. #4 / 8
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

purely hypothetical situation, I'm sure.

For sure ;)

5. #5 / 8
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

If it turns out to be cheating, great analytics on your part Toto.

6. #6 / 8
    Standard Member YuriZ
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

So what happens now?

7. #7 / 8
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

did anyone PM Tom?  He may not have seen this thread.  Seems a pretty clear case of unfair collusion,  although since it didn't happen in a game, it might warrant a warning first, depending on how generous Tom wants to be.

8. #8 / 8
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I do want to point out that a more thorough examination of the available facts here reveal that Toto is way off base in his initial conclusions and that this witch hunt is unwarranted.  The full nature of the situation is very personal and I'm not going to go into it here, but, the facts alone speak for them self if anyone wishes to examine them deep enough.  If Tom wants to know how much of a self righteous, conspiracy theory hunting donkey that Toto is, however, I can explain it to him personally as well as go over all of the facts with him if he wishes?  I attempted to privately contact Toto about this already, and while he did write a quick note to say he would get back to me, he hasn't, and he is now looking to me like the kind of guy who lets his big ego cloud his vision and not allow him to publicly admit when he has made a mistake.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)