3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   123   (3 in total)
  1. #21 / 56
    Premium Member Babbalouie
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:

It does rot big time.  I'm in the middle of a 3v3v3 round robin tournament on Colossal Crusade.  Right before the 1st game one of my teammates became z_disabled.  We just started a new game that is 3v3v2. It would be lots of fun if we won, but I'm not holding my breath.

It's only part of a bigger problem with team games though - seriously our last game was 2v2.  

This game in the tourney was a 3v1  

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/336020

What's worse for me is that I set-up the tourney.  I don't particularly care for the board, but I like team games and knew the tourney would fill on this board.  Just the way it goes I guess.

I also am effected in 2 tournaments where my partner is now z_disabled. I was in another tournament where my assigned partner was a no-show, thus 2 against 1. I guess in the future I will have a tendency to shy away from team tournaments unless changes are made. For now, I guess we have to just deal with it.

2. #22 / 56
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

or stick to the ones that you can choose your own P...

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

3. #23 / 56
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I did. He was in more games than anyone. Very reliable until March 5th.

4. #24 / 56
    Standard Member NewlyIdle
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:

It does rot big time.  I'm in the middle of a 3v3v3 round robin tournament on Colossal Crusade.  Right before the 1st game one of my teammates became z_disabled.  ...

For games and tourneys that have already started, it's hard to see how this problem could be avoided.

But for games and tourneys that have not yet filled, is it feasible to "un-join" the disabled player so that an active player could take their seat?

5. #25 / 56
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

>For games and tourneys that have already started, it's hard to see how this problem could be avoided.

Maybe allow a substitute some how?  Not sure how complicated that gets in the record keeping.

6. #26 / 56
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

387 games have been set to Terminated (i.e. no result) where collusion using multiple accounts took place. There will be  stats reindex tomorrow which will recover any ranking points lost.

Edited Fri 14th Mar 18:06 [history]

7. #27 / 56
    Standard Member Thijs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Wow. This will change a lot.. Interesting to see how it effects everybody.

8. #28 / 56
    Standard Member Thijs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

And there are also open games with a disabled player in. For example

http://www.wargear.net/games/join/346040

9. #29 / 56
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

387 games have been set to Terminated (i.e. no result) where collusion using multiple accounts took place. There will be  stats reindex tomorrow which will recover any ranking points lost.

I lost a lot of points before these games were terminated. Will I ever get these points back? Yertle has previously said that no players in a terminated game should lose points, including those previously eliminated.   

10. #30 / 56
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yes, the points have been recovered for all terminated games due to cheaters winning.

11. #31 / 56
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

Yes, the points have been recovered for all terminated games due to cheaters winning.

When I was eliminated in these games, points were deducted once the game was over. Where can I view to see the points being recovered? 

12. #32 / 56
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

This was posted on March 14th. I have not seen any + points from any of the terminated games from which I was eliminated and lost points after this date.

13. #33 / 56
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

You can't see the points be "recovered".  Tom eliminates those games from the database and then re-runs his programs to recalculate all the stats like those games never happened.  So you won't see them lost somewhere and regained somewhere else.  You shouldn't see those games at all in your win/loss history.

Note also that if you were in a game with a terminated account that a legitimate account won, that game will still count.

14. #34 / 56
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:

You can't see the points be "recovered".  Tom eliminates those games from the database and then re-runs his programs to recalculate all the stats like those games never happened.  So you won't see them lost somewhere and regained somewhere else.  You shouldn't see those games at all in your win/loss history.

Note also that if you were in a game with a terminated account that a legitimate account won, that game will still count.

I was in a lot of games where I was eliminated by z_disabled players who went on to win. When the games were finished I lost points. I never got these points back. All I can see in my games list is the games that were terminated with no ranking messages. When these games were played I lost points.  

15. #35 / 56
    Premium Member Snake Eyes
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Babbalouie wrote:
    Amidon37 wrote:

I was in a lot of games where I was eliminated by z_disabled players who went on to win. When the games were finished I lost points. I never got these points back. All I can see in my games list is the games that were terminated with no ranking messages. When these games were played I lost points.  

And that is precisely what Amidon is saying.  After Tom reprogramed the rankings because of the disabled players, it didn't add the points in exactly, it just kinda refreshed your games to say that you never actually lost them in the first place.  Tom can turn back time.  That's why there are no ranking messages.  Because the way he did it, it's as if you never lost the points to start with.

16. #36 / 56
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Snake Eyes wrote:
    Babbalouie wrote:
    Amidon37 wrote:

And that is precisely what Amidon is saying.  After Tom reprogramed the rankings because of the disabled players, it didn't add the points in exactly, it just kinda refreshed your games to say that you never actually lost them in the first place.  Tom can turn back time.  That's why there are no ranking messages.  Because the way he did it, it's as if you never lost the points to start with.

I am talking over 100 games where I lost points. If those games "never" happened I should not have lost those points. 

17. #37 / 56
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

http://www.wargear.net/players/info/Babbalouie/Ranking%20History

Above is a link to your ranking history.  Please point us to a game that you lost points on that you feel you should not have.

18. #38 / 56
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:

http://www.wargear.net/players/info/Babbalouie/Ranking%20History

Above is a link to your ranking history.  Please point us to a game that you lost points on that you feel you should not have.

I have 119 games on my terminated games list that were lost to z_disabled players. They are no longer in my ranking history. When these games were finished I had points deducted. They all were finished before March 5th. Perhaps if you were to show me a before the recalc and after the recalc maybe I could make some sense of it. 

19. #39 / 56
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Babbalouie wrote: Perhaps if you were to show me a before the recalc and after the recalc maybe I could make some sense of it. 

I agree this would absolutely show you what is going on, but that can't be done.  As Snake Eyes said Tom essentially went back in time and stopped you from losing those points.  We don't have records from that alternate time stream any more.

20. #40 / 56
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:
    Babbalouie wrote: Perhaps if you were to show me a before the recalc and after the recalc maybe I could make some sense of it. 

I agree this would absolutely show you what is going on, but that can't be done.  As Snake Eyes said Tom essentially went back in time and stopped you from losing those points.  We don't have records from that alternate time stream any more.

So, if I did not lose those points from the 119 games, where would I be if I did lose them? You are talking about 119 games equaling over 2000 points? Wouldn't that make me an awful player? There must be records from the past somewhere where tom and his support team has access to them. Is not everything archived?   

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123   (3 in total)