Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 10
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Hey Tom,

Got a weird glitch. in http://www.wargear.net/games/view/220593

None of Ivanfly's attack/fort orders went through last round. Placement and reinforce yes, attack no.

His orders are still listed in the native player review. So he put them in, but they were not actioned.

His were the only ones that had issues.

Thanks,

Itsnotatumor

Fortune favors the bold, and chance favors the prepared mind...

2. #2 / 10
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I can see in turn 731 he successfully attacked?

3. #3 / 10
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Sorry, I should have been more specific. The problem was there were 4 attacks scheduled in native player. The 3 team on team attacks from Tharbad, Tower Hills, and Barrow Downs were scheduled, and no troops moved. We had a team and public discussion about it. And it was still listed in Native player before he took his next turn. It may be a moot point since we'll win anyway, but these were like 10 v 0 and 10 v 7 attacks. Nothing should have stopped them from executing.

4. #4 / 10
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

itsnotatumor wrote:

Nothing should have stopped them from executing.

You're sure the territory wasn't already maxed out by a teammate or he didn't select Attack Only (with Team already captured) or Fortify Only (with Team not already captured)? Both of types of scenarios would prevent an Order from not executing.

If I could figure out how to draw a line in Photoshop I would be a lot more well off with the Mac thing...

5. #5 / 10
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Territories were completely empty, so he could take them for the bonus.  The only option is a team or non-team check box.

Either way the troops should have moved. If he non-teamed the troops should have moved and the territory color changed. If he teamed the troops should have moved and the color stayed the same. Right?

6. #6 / 10
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

It depends on the Type of the Order.  By Default it is "Combined" (and normally not changed in my experience) but the following circumstances could result in the order being skipped if the Type was changed to specifically "Attack" or "Fortify":

1. If set to "Attack" and he owned the territory (not the case I assume).
    2. If set to "Attack" and Team was checked and a Teammate owned the territory.
    3. If set to "Fortify" and Team was unchecked and he did not own the territory.
    4. If set to "Fortify" and Team was checked but neither he nor a Teammate owned the territory.

If left at "Combined" though, then yes, no matter what the Team checkbox is, the Troops should have attacked and/or moved...unless there is a bug :P

Someone may need to double check me here, and I haven't truly tested this in a while but it is my understanding as to how this works.  These are less likely scenarios but could have played a role in the orders not being executed, again, unless there is a bug :).

If I could figure out how to draw a line in Photoshop I would be a lot more well off with the Mac thing...

7. #7 / 10
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Nope it's a combined attack/fortify and that's what the orders stated. I don't even know how to uncombine it. There is only a team/non-team check box.

It's a bug, but a moot one since we'z killin' da foo's! =)

8. #8 / 10
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Itsnot, you're familiar with what Yertle is stating though, right? You're comment about not knowing how to "uncombine" is why I'm asking.

9. #9 / 10
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I understand the concept, but no idea how to do it. Default is combined yes?

10. #10 / 10
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

itsnotatumor wrote:

I understand the concept, but no idea how to do it. Default is combined yes?

Default is combined.  See the Attack section of the SimulGear Help page, the Type area.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)