215 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 4
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I have computer issues and google isn't helping me atm.

1. The flash player takes a LONG time to load once it gets to the "loading map image" phase (a minute?)

2. The native player does not allow me to place reinforcements.

3. Another symptom to help diagnose my issue - netflix will load a video (takes awhile) but after a few seconds has "loading screen" and a % that will sloooowly slowly climb.

4. For fun I tried loading up a flash game elsewhere and loading was very slow.

5. This issue affects IE, FF & Chrome (all of which were already installed on my system at the time it stopped acting properly). I'm Running Windows 7 Enterprise.

6. Edit - I feel like when I want to play D3 it is slower since this started being an issue especially in the auction house (subjective).

There was no significant change I can see that would have changed the way my computer acts (no updates or new drivers etc.).

I tried uninstalling silverlight & adobe flash and reinstalling both and clearing my cache.  I'm still running into the same issues.  I only run into this on my computer at home. 

Help?

Edited Wed 7th Nov 22:17 [history]

2. #2 / 4
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

For problem (2) - can you post the gameid? There could be a board specific bug that's causing this.

The rest sound like network or internet connection problems, I can't think of anything else that would affect image loading like that. You could use the Chrome console to look at this, if you go to the Javascript Console (CTRL-SHIFT-J) and click on the Network tab then load the page, you'll see all the timelines for the requests made to the remote server including all the Flash requests. For WarGear these are all 'REST' queries - e.g. http://www.wargear.net/rest/GetBoardImage/2002?imagetype=FillImage&version=40 is the request that gets the Board image. This might help you dig into what's happening.

3. #3 / 4
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I'll check this at home thanks.  I do not recall the game in question but I think it was all games, I'll try native player at home again to diagnose as well.

4. #4 / 4
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Andernut wrote:

I'll check this at home thanks.  I do not recall the game in question but I think it was all games, I'll try native player at home again to diagnose as well.

For the Native player - if you pull up the same console and go to the 'Console' tab and error will be listed there - let me know if there are any.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)