236 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 12
    Standard Member Nayr
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I t would be very convenient if you guys could design a simple Android / iOS app so that people could play wargear on the go. This would improve wait time as well as decrease the number of games decided by someone getting booted for not making a time limit. If you could seriously consider this request I would be very appreciative

2. #2 / 12
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

The new Player (out in Beta imminently) will allow play on all modern browsers including iOS.

3. #3 / 12
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Nayr,

I have an iPad and I would love it if there was something like this as well, but to my knowledge there's only one person developing and maintaining this site. He's got enough on his hands to worry about creating a dedicated app for iOS.  Just getting it to play on all the browsers out there sounds like a full-time job to me

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

4. #4 / 12
    Standard Member Nayr
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

The new Player (out in Beta imminently) will allow play on all modern browsers including iOS.

So im to assume that said player would not require flash

5. #5 / 12
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

yep - played on my iPad just this afternoon using the beta..  Very slow-- but it worked.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

6. #6 / 12
    Standard Member Crandawg
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

I personally would pay for a mobile app. I already pay for premium but I would pay more for a app... Just saying... not just viewable website but an actual mobile app.

7. #7 / 12
    Standard Member AfroDaby
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Nayr wrote:
    tom wrote:

So im to assume that said player would not require flash

There's already a player out that doesn't require flash...I play on my phone all the time...granted, it is slower and kind of a pain to select smaller territories. It does work in a pinch if your timer is about to run out though.

8. #8 / 12
    Standard Member Xrayjay
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

I don't know if 50 people paying 1.99 would cover the cost of development on that one.

9. #9 / 12
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Xrayjay wrote:

I don't know if 50 people paying 1.99 would cover the cost of development on that one.

True, but in the app store you would be opening it up to a whole new demographic of potential players who would search for Risk on their mobile device, but wouldn't bother to login to a computer to play.  It's a whole new world and I really think this would be a great evolution.  I play on my tablet all the time and sometimes get frustrated by the slowness and would love a dedicated app to play.

I'm RiskyBack and I approve this posting. 

10. #10 / 12
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote:
    Xrayjay wrote:

True, but in the app store you would be opening it up to a whole new demographic of potential players who would search for Risk on their mobile device, but wouldn't bother to login to a computer to play.  It's a whole new world and I really think this would be a great evolution.  I play on my tablet all the time and sometimes get frustrated by the slowness and would love a dedicated app to play.

+1 I never thought of it that way.  It's more than a convenience for existing users. Currently, playing on an iOs device using a browser is painful.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

11. #11 / 12
    Standard Member Crandawg
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote:
    Xrayjay wrote:

Yes Very true..... Just make it for windows phones too...

12. #12 / 12
    Standard Member bert2002
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

+1 we need a mobile app :)

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)