229 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 10
    Standard Member Vidoviti Milan
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

When you're playing with 4 or more players in game with total or heavy fog, and if you see that one player is at a great advantage is it allowed through the public chat warn other players that we are all in danger? because someone may have bad position and might not even know who real threat is, and attack much weaker player like himself...

or that would be dirty move, because the fog games are made ​​exactly for the reason to hide other players power?

2. #2 / 10
    Standard Member Viper
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

It's allowed but I kind of frown upon that myself as it goes against the spirit of playing in a fogged game and if you're the one in the position of power it's pretty annoying.

3. #3 / 10
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

What Viper said.

See also last year's discussion -

http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/1466/The_Morals_of_War

4. #4 / 10
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

+1 to what Viper and Amidon wrote.  However, if you're in a fog game with a group of players that you play regularly with, it might be a bit of fun to post info publicly as a means of diplomacy (especially when it is known that players in the group are diplomatically "inclined"). Wink

5. #5 / 10
    Premium Member Snake Eyes
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Also great tactic to do this when you know that you are the strongest to throw off suspicion...

6. #6 / 10
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Everything on this site is a tool you can consider to win the game. Everything your opponent says or does could be meant to deceive.

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

7. #7 / 10
    Standard Member Vidoviti Milan
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Thanks for the responses, I also read the link below Amidon37 (didn't know this thread exist). Personally I do not like to reveal any details in fog games, as was the case in one game Europe 1560 where a guy discovered to others that he have 1 unit and also revealed place where, asking us to kill him. Of course, next player who played turn eliminated him. And we all know that he collected his cards, which can be fatal when the exchange is high. Would not it be good then to lock the chat in games with heavy/total fog?

8. #8 / 10
    Premium Member Cona Chris
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Vidoviti Milan wrote:
    Thanks for the responses, I also read the link below Amidon37 (didn't know this thread exist). Personally I do not like to reveal any details in fog games, as was the case in one game Europe 1560 where a guy discovered to others that he have 1 unit and also revealed place where, asking us to kill him. Of course, next player who played turn eliminated him. And we all know that he collected his cards, which can be fatal when the exchange is high. Would not it be good then to lock the chat in games with heavy/total fog?

If that were the case, players could private message, or post on other player's walls, or send a message.  At least if it's public, you know the information is out there.

Although I have a couple times shared my knowledge of an opponent's strong position in a heavy fog game - I think that kinda defeats the purpose of a fog game.  But not everyone agrees with that, and people private (or public) message all the time about other player's strengths during a fog game.

9. #9 / 10
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I usually don't bother, but if it is an important game (e.g. deciding game in a tournament), then I often will.  If someone else starts it then I often will continue.

10. #10 / 10
    Standard Member Sun Tzu Jr
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I don't  mind it, I've learned to take comments with a grain of salt.  Really, the comments are often ignored but do come into play if someone wants them to.  I never initiate it, but trash talking can really rile some people up and get them to do stupid things.

However, I would DEFINITELY frown on posting screen shots.  Who would do that?

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)