1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 6
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Just been reading Risky's discussion about Theme Ideas and seen the comments about teamplay.

What options do you need to be able to set in the Scenario editor relating to teams?

2. #2 / 6
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

We need to be able to set teams as seats. So designate that seat 1 and seat 2 are a team and seat 3 and seat 4 are a team.
    Just think about Zombie Farm. Currently there would be no way to have 1 player as a team or even A&A having 2 v 3. We can make standard team games but it's team games with specific placement scenario's that we can't do.
    Or if there is, we can't figure out how to do it.

When Life Hands You Lemons, Find Someone to Throw them at!

3. #3 / 6
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

You're right it's currently not possible but it's not a hard one to implement.

Presumably you would want to designate a board as Teamplay only?

4. #4 / 6
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: You're right it's currently not possible but it's not a hard one to implement.

Presumably you would want to designate a board as Teamplay only?

Theoretically a Mod version of a board as well {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} (ie Reich's Fallout style).

Yertle is here.

5. #5 / 6
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Risky has pretty well got it.

• Need to be able to set certain seats to certain teams (i.e. seats 1, 3, 5 on TeamA, 2, 4, 6 on TeamB)- this way, when I use the scenario generator to put Seat1, Seat2, Seat3, and Seat4 each in a corner of a map, I can make sure each team gets opposite corners (or whatever geometric/geographic location).
    • Teams need not be equally numbered (i.e. I want to be able to do 2v3, 4v1, 14v2, etc).
    • Until we can release a map with multiple starting scenarios... yes, using a team scenario would force the map to be played as a team game.

Here's some more  Team/Team Scenario ideas in order of ease to implement:

Kings -- like capitals, but a seat is designated instead of a territory. King is eliminated, team loses. (easiest)

Team Continents -- if a continent is occupied entirely by people of the same team, the team gets the bonus. Split the bonus amongst the different players occupying it, each getting their share at the start of their turn. Round down to reflect that it is easier to acquire a continent in this fashion.(easy)

Team Bonuses -- (required if team continents, but team continents not necessarily required for team bonuses) -- All bonuses from team added to a pool and evenly distributed amongst the team. When? Dunno. Start of a round, maybe. (hard)

Team Captains -- with Team bonuses, could singly receive all bonus armies for team and does either: all placement or some sort of distribution to each team-mates reserves. (hardest)

Compromise is for when you're wrong and you know it.
    Edited Wed 2nd Dec 18:15 [history]

6. #6 / 6
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote:

Risky has pretty well got it.

• Need to be able to set certain seats to certain teams (i.e. seats 1, 3, 5 on TeamA, 2, 4, 6 on TeamB)- this way, when I use the scenario generator to put Seat1, Seat2, Seat3, and Seat4 each in a corner of a map, I can make sure each team gets opposite corners (or whatever geometric/geographic location).
    • Teams need not be equally numbered (i.e. I want to be able to do 2v3, 4v1, 14v2, etc).
    • Until we can release a map with multiple starting scenarios... yes, using a team scenario would force the map to be played as a team game.

Here's some more Team/Team Scenario ideas in order of ease to implement:

Kings -- like capitals, but a seat is designated instead of a territory. King is eliminated, team loses. (easiest)

Team Continents -- if a continent is occupied entirely by people of the same team, the team gets the bonus. Split the bonus amongst the different players occupying it, each getting their share at the start of their turn. Round down to reflect that it is easier to acquire a continent in this fashion.(easy)

Team Bonuses -- (required if team continents, but team continents not necessarily required for team bonuses) -- All bonuses from team added to a pool and evenly distributed amongst the team. When? Dunno. Start of a round, maybe. (hard)

Team Captains -- with Team bonuses, could singly receive all bonus armies for team and does either: all placement or some sort of distribution to each team-mates reserves. (hardest)

Nice ideas... I really like the King one!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)