226 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #1 / 22
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Mine, for those who haven't noticed, is Purple. Bold, classic, sophisticated :)

What's yours?

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

2. #2 / 22
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

On ToS, I was playing Pirates of Malta in one of my first games, and IIRC, you could pick a different name for every game.  Instead of 'blue beard', I was 'cyan beard', and have used cyan whenever I can ever since.

3. #3 / 22
    Standard Member CK66
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

I always choose yellow when available.

4. #4 / 22
    Standard Member smoke
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Oh, sore subject. It should be lavender. If you pick lavender on WF, you get lavender. Here, you get pink. Except in Mobs of New York, where "Batavia Gang" is lavender.

So, I'm forced to pick Attila's purple. It kills me inside. Kinda.

5. #5 / 22
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

mines cyan as well. i have know idea why. :)

6. #6 / 22
    Standard Member Jigler
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I used to be pine of ToS, so when i came over here I used green since pine usually isn't available. But once Nygma  started making a dark brown color, i've switched to brown. (Green and black are my fall-backs)

Grace and Peace to you from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Chirst

7. #7 / 22
    Standard Member YuriZ
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Red..!! Standard, i know...

8. #8 / 22
    Standard Member The Rope
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Lime Green.  I get cranky when it isn't available

9. #9 / 22
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Believe it or not, it happened to me not to join a game just because "my" blue was not available.

Two Eyes for An Eye, The Jaw for A Tooth

10. #10 / 22
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I am RiskyBack and I prefer Yellow.  I prefer Yellow because on ToS it was not a very popular color and therefor I got my way more times than not.  I also will not join a game if I can't be yellow because I get confused and cannot figure out where to attack.  I have WarGear OCD.

11. #11 / 22
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Toto wrote:

Believe it or not, it happened to me not to join a game just because "my" blue was not available.

It's also because I get confused. Sometimes I will think "this player in black is playing like an idiot, I am gonna take him out with pleasure", before I realize it's me. It's that bad that it happened I find out there was a new bug on WG because I could not place my armies. Then I realized I was trying on someone else territories...

Two Eyes for An Eye, The Jaw for A Tooth

12. #12 / 22
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Toto wrote:
     it happened I find out there was a new bug on WG because I could not place my armies. Then I realized I was trying on someone else territories...

Yeah, that is one insidious bug ..and it only gets worse when as you get older. I was going to suggest that we get it high on Tom's priority list (I don't doubt he could do it), but he's got enough to do without adding a cure for dementia and general all-around bone-headedness.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

13. #13 / 22
    Premium Member Cona Chris
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

We had a core of a bunch of players always playing private games on ToS, and we ended up just picking the same colors all the time to eliminate confusion.  So, I ended up with Lime and will pick any other green as a fallback, and if that isn't available, then pink (since pink sends to be not chosen very much). 

BTW - Some of my "posse" ended up moving over with me to WG, but not all of them.  I keep trying to get them to move but they just won't see reason.

The best part about being Lime is that when I play ATH on Rockem Sockem, we end up having 2 Old School Transformer Devastators!

Edited Sun 30th Oct 08:56 [history]

14. #14 / 22
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I was the original Purple Picker. Altho BlackDog and Cisco sometimes beat me to it - one cus he can, the other just to piss me off :^). I too rarely join an open game if my color is already gone for similar reasons as above (cus i'm too good to choose something less worthy & confusion). Altho (2) i tend to pick purple family if available as a backup.

My fallbacks are grey first, then yellow (so i can be as much like RB as possible).

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Sun 30th Oct 12:24 [history]

15. #15 / 22
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Call me sensitive but I'm into the aesthetics of it all.  I tend to join when things are getting close to full and generally pick a muted color that blends well with whatever else is out there ..especially my partner when I have one.  I avoid primarys and neons because I don't like to stick out in a crowd, and prefer to go with the maroons, browns, mustards, thinner stripes and gentle plaids ..although a nice grey or solid black turtleneck with a jacket is not out of the question if it's cold enough.

Uhmm  ...What were we talking about?

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Sun 30th Oct 13:15 [history]

16. #16 / 22
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Orange. Then cyan, brown, or pink (usually).

17. #17 / 22
    Standard Member AdamN
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Purple, I too have not joined open games when my color is already taken. Also as lame as it is... all things equal I would rather take out the guy who picked purple over any other color. Not out of spite but just because I get confused and I really don't have age to blame... back up would be pink/blue colors that remind me of purple.

It is interesting to point out, my 3 year old son, my wife, and I would all list purple as our favorite color... It was also the color I marked all my tools when I toured shows as an electrician. 

Edited Sun 30th Oct 15:56 [history]

18. #18 / 22
    Hyper-Geek Raptor
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Orange...I started using it because I hated getting confused which blueish/greenish/cyan was mine on the big maps and wanted to be able to find my territories.

I too have declined games where Kjeld stole my color.

I have also insisted that designers include "my color".

Edited Sun 30th Oct 23:03 [history]

19. #19 / 22
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Pink. Then if I can't get that, pink. After that, pink. 

If I absolutely have to settle, red > cyan/teal > purple. 

Back from the dead

20. #20 / 22
    Standard Member Patton
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Yellow in solo matches when possible, Black or Orange as secondary colors.  In a team game I will try to match my teammate. 

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)