178 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Standard Member SquintGnome
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Is there a way to set up an elimination tournament where each 'round' is actually a best of 5 series?  I am interested in a 1 v 1 Wargear Warfare tournament, but I would like to mitigate the strong influence of luck by having a best of 5 series for each round to increase the likelihood that the best player advances each round.

Thanks,

Squint

2. #2 / 7
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

SquintGnome wrote:

Is there a way to set up an elimination tournament where each 'round' is actually a best of 5 series?  I am interested in a 1 v 1 Wargear Warfare tournament, but I would like to mitigate the strong influence of luck by having a best of 5 series for each round to increase the likelihood that the best player advances each round.

Thanks,

Squint

Interesting idea. In that case , 2 of the 5 games should be granted to each player to start first.

It is not possible now.

In RR 1 vs 1 tournaments, I would find interesting to have 2 leg games against each players (with every one starting first once, and second once).

Two Eyes for An Eye, The Jaw for A Tooth

3. #3 / 7
    Standard Member SquintGnome
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

SquintGnome wrote:

Thanks,

Squint

I am revisiting this request, if it is not possible to set up a tournament like this, is it possible to set up a tournamnent so the host could monitor a best of 5 series between two players (private games) and then enter the winner for the round in the tournament bracket so that awards and points would be assigned properly?

4. #4 / 7
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

That would be cool.  I second that request.

5. #5 / 7
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'd love to see more tournament options.  Specifically double elimination tournaments and a way to chain RR tournaments to feed into elimination tournaments.

6. #6 / 7
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

It's not possible right now but it sounds workable. It would only really work for 1v1 games due to issues with ties for more players.

7. #7 / 7
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Having standard double-elim and Chain RR/elim for 1v1 would be great.

Moving to more player games would be cool too.  I have a solution for a 27 person/3 player double elim tournament, but I can't get it to work for any other n person/x player combination.

Also, I had a mathematics paper that I thought would give some a way to do chain RR/elim for n player games, but I can't find it right now. 

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)