216 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 10
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

On a certain map that I am bringing over (the only one of mine that will be a straight port from that other site) there are a lot of borders in a very small area.  I am running into issues with not being able to select the territories to add the border be cause the territory has so many other borders it thinks that I am trying to select and edit that border rather than add a new one to that same territory.  Anybody else running into this?  I'm just clicking around for a few minutes (literally) until it highlights but then I am so used to clicking that I have clicked again to deselect it right after I finally found where it is.

This is kind of annoying and I'm pretty sure that this issue is with the clicking on the border line to edit it rather than the 2 territories it connects.

When Life Hands You Lemons, Find Someone to Throw them at!

2. #2 / 10
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

What's the board name? Will take a look. It is probably the border clickable areas which are larger than the border lines themselves to make it easier to select the borders by clicking on them.

3. #3 / 10
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

It's GearWars: Episode I
    I deleted all the borders because I have to do them all at one time because you can't see the border lines with the black background and if I don't do them all in one shot I will just end up getting confused and frustrated and I don't have time right at the moment. I will quickly start adding the borders from Falcon Guns to all the Empire and that should get bogged down enough where you can see what I am talking about.
    Thanks.

4. #4 / 10
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Ok, a lot of the borders overlap Falcon 1 and so I can't add the 1-way border from Falcon 1 to Falcon 2 or the 1-way borders from Tie's 1,2 & 3 to Falcon 1.

5. #5 / 10
    Premium Member KrocK
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I've had that problem when borders are overlapping a territory what i do is just save the board exit out then go back in then the borders don't effect it (until you stack more borders across the country)

6. #6 / 10
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

It actually seems OK for me. The existing borders shouldn't be selectable when adding new borders as only territories are selectable in that mode.

Couple of suggestions that could make this easier:

1. If you use the transparency slider at the bottom you can easily see the map and the borders at the same time (set it to about 0.2). This setting only affects the Designer.

2. Move the territories a little off the correct spot (i.e. slightly farther apart), add the borders then move them back. Should ease the congestion.

7. #7 / 10
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Ah, that makes sense KrocK as it was fine for me when I just loaded the board - when the borders have just been freshly added they still have the clickable area defined around them. I'll take a look at fixing that. In the meantime Risky if you use the transparency slider you should be able to easily add the remaining borders.

8. #8 / 10
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Got it, will do. Did you enjoy the new side bar for the map, tom?

9. #9 / 10
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yes very cool Risky :)

Edited Thu 26th Nov 16:49 [history]

10. #10 / 10
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Ok, while I love the concept, it doesn't really work in practice but could we lose the whole "click on the actual line of the border" to delete it and just click on the 2 territories who belong to said border. It's tough to find the correct line sometimes (still with Episode I).
    I love the design tool but editing after the fact is tougher than CostCo steak.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)