218 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 17
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Lots of missing borders on this map.  I blame cosmic rays.  Can we get a fix Cram?

2. #2 / 17
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Yertle alerted me to a handful of missing borders last week, and the map was updated on the 19th. Since your game is live, those fixes won't be reflected in your game(s). You may have to vote to end.

The utmost of apologies to everyone. I promise to be more careful in the future.

3. #3 / 17
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Doh! I thought changes were reflected in live games. I wouldn't apologize too much considering the ever-changing state of the board designer =] Erm, the flash designer not you-the-person designer. Although you are probably in an ever changing state of flux too.

P.S. Raptor Jesus is awesome.

4. #4 / 17
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

No, the changes are reflected in DEV games, but not LIVE games. Once a board is LIVE, to change it, it has to be copied as a new version and then retired. The copy can then edited and re-released. I don't know how the new version plays with the review system.

I think it makes sense that live games aren't changed mid-stride, but at the same time, the only way for your game to end organically now is if the person who got Tricorner Hill wins, as that is an unreachable territory. (tom is working on a check in the program to make sure that no board is able to be published with such a critical error in it). It would be nice if the map could be tweaked and your games go on.

An apology is surely owed. Those missing borders were my mistake and not due to anything systemic. I released that map without even playing one test game on it in a hurry to be among the first to pee on the Wargear Fire Hydrant. Now there's the review system and hopefully those cool cats can keep an eye out for such shenanigans.

(Raptor Jesus is a fan of apologies.)

Edited Sat 21st Nov 21:27 [history]

5. #5 / 17
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

hi Cramchakle - if you let me know the missing borders I'll update the Live board.

6. #6 / 17
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Tricorner Hill <-> Tricorner Island
    Tricorner Island <-> Thomas Wayne Memorial
    Tricorner Island <-> Gordon's House
    Tricorner Yards East <-> Gordon's House
    Tricorner Yards East <-> Tricorner Island
    Gordon's House <-> Harvey Dent Memorial

Anyone got any more? Let's only make tom do this once.

tom, there have been no games started on the latest version of Gotham (2.0), as such, I retired it anticipating that once 1.0 is fixed up here, you can simply unretire is and we'll pretend this whole ugly ordeal never happened?

7. #7 / 17
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Ok that should be fixed up now - v1.0 is now the Live version, is that correct?

8. #8 / 17
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

10-4

9. #9 / 17
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Incorrect borders from Thomas Wayne Memorial to Tricorner Hill (should be Thomas Wayne Memorial to Tricorner Island) and Tricorner Hill to Gordon's House (should be Tricorner Island to Gordon's House).
    Missing border from Tricorner Yards West to Tricorner Island and Kane South Interch. to Kane Memorial Int..

Missing border from Adam West Towers to The Complex (? maybe, it was present on WF but could be questionable), same for RH Kane Building to The C Building.

This is a Live game (prolly the same game as 11s), so if there is a new version with them fixed then that's fine.  (I'm not sure if I went through the borders on this one prior to now.)

Edited Mon 23rd Nov 17:43 [history]

10. #10 / 17
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

You're right about the Tricorner Hill to Gordon's House being wrong (tom did it!). It should be Tricorner Island to Gordon's House.

I don't think there is a border missing from Tricorner Yards West to Tricorner Island as you say there is. I see one there.

There is one missing (now) from Thomas Wayne Memorial to Tricorner Island. Maybe that's what you meant.

There is also one missing between Kane South Interchange and Kane Memorial Freeway (my fault, missed it last time).

Adam West Towers should not border The Complex. There are no corner/corner "diagonal" borders.

tom, can you help again?

11. #11 / 17
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote:
    I don't think there is a border missing from Tricorner Yards West to Tricorner Island as you say there is. I see one there.

I don't see one there.

I only see Tricorner Island attacking Hill and Yards East, when it should attack House, Memorial, and Yards West too.

12. #12 / 17
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Ok I set the board to Dev status temporarily so you can edit it - can you fix and let me know when you're done...

13. #13 / 17
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Looking at the game for Review, you are still missing the border from Tricorner Yards West to Tricorner Island.  (Yes, I'm going to make you fix this border!!! {#emotions_dlg.spin} )

Missing border from Kane Memorial Freeway to Wayne Highway as well.

14. #14 / 17
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Dammit, Yertle. The border from Tricorner Yards West to Tricorner Island is. not. missing! Don't make me repeat myself again. >:(

Kane to Wayne fixed.

Nš®Ø¬µú+™êåÊIèÂv¬Eèœ

15. #15 / 17
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote: Dammit, Yertle. The border from Tricorner Yards West to Tricorner Island is. not. missing! Don't make me repeat myself again. >:(

Kane to Wayne fixed.

Now it's fixed!  (Was it really not broke?  Because I looked at it at least a dozen times last night and it wasn't there.)

Yertle is here.
    Edited Tue 24th Nov 10:33 [history]

16. #16 / 17
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I just checked and it's missing.

17. #17 / 17
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank