How did you guess ?

Two Eyes for An Eye, The Jaw for A Tooth

2. #22 / 33
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

There was a bug introduced by a change a couple of weeks ago - this has now been fixed so non-premium games cannot join a game with a player in who has made them an enemy.

3. #23 / 33
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

There was a bug introduced by a change a couple of weeks ago - this has now been fixed so non-premium games cannot join a game with a player in who has made them an enemy.

Good job.

4. #24 / 33
    Standard Member zdisabled25
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I have reason to desire that this feature as well.  Currently the enemies setting prevents them from joining games you have created or joined.  Change this to ONLY games you have created and extend that to premium members, please.

As for a cap on the number of "enemies" you can have, I believe this should remain unlimited for standard members, to prevent just-created multiple accounts from being used as mules to wreck games.  As for premium members, perhaps there could be separate settings for enemies that can and can't join your games (along with the other restrictions on enemies, like not posting on your wall), and perhaps that "can't-join" list could be limited to 5 enemies.

5. #25 / 33
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Do people who get denied for joining a game/posting to a wall/writing a message/etc KNOW that's why it is happening?  Translation: I've got a few people who I'm not a fan of the way they play, so I set them as an enemy.  Do they just NOT SEE the open games that I'm in, or can they see it and try to join and then it spits out something that says "Boris thinks you're a d***, so he set you as an enemy, and now you can't join this game."

It's not going to effect what I do, but I'd just like to know how much of my "F-U" flag is flying at only half or full mast.

6. #26 / 33
    Premium Member Cona Chris
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

BorisTheFrugal wrote:

Do people who get denied for joining a game/posting to a wall/writing a message/etc KNOW that's why it is happening?  Translation: I've got a few people who I'm not a fan of the way they play, so I set them as an enemy.  Do they just NOT SEE the open games that I'm in, or can they see it and try to join and then it spits out something that says "Boris thinks you're a d***, so he set you as an enemy, and now you can't join this game."

It's not going to effect what I do, but I'd just like to know how much of my "F-U" flag is flying at only half or full mast.

I thought it was that they couldn't even see the game in the open games.  At least I hope that's the case as sometimes if I've played the same player in the same 2-player game a lot, I mark them as an enemy just so that I get the chance to play someone else.  Then later I change them from enemy status.  Obviously I would change this if people saw that they were being denied because of my "F-U" flag (love that term). 

7. #27 / 33
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Cona Chris wrote:
    BorisTheFrugal wrote:

I thought it was that they couldn't even see the game in the open games.  At least I hope that's the case as sometimes if I've played the same player in the same 2-player game a lot, I mark them as an enemy just so that I get the chance to play someone else.  Then later I change them from enemy status.  Obviously I would change this if people saw that they were being denied because of my "F-U" flag (love that term). 

Nope, enemies do see the games and they get a message that say they can't join because one of the players has set him as an enemy. Then it's not difficult to figure out who did it (a premium member obviously).

IMO it would be much better if games were invisible to enemies. 

8. #28 / 33
    Standard Member zdisabled25
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

From what I have been told, enemies that try to join games hosted by someone who has marked them as an enemy, DO see the game listed but are unable to join.  I also believe that they see a message indicating the reason they can't join is because of their enemy status.

Personally, I would like to see it done like WF, where disallowed games are not even shown as available to enemy players.

Oops, I see that Toto just said the same thing as I was writing this. :-)

But, back to the topic at hand, this isn't about how joining or excluding is handled, but a request for comments regarding the exclusion of premium members.

9. #29 / 33
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

It's a definite no on this one I'm afraid. The reasoning behind this is it can be used to game the system - specifically you can just set the top players on the board to enemy status then they can't compete against you when you try and knock them off the top ranking spots. This is anti-competitive and against the spirit of the site.

As regards Standard members not being able to see games created by Premium players who have set them as enemies - I think this is a reasonable request.

10. #30 / 33
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

It's a definite no on this one I'm afraid. The reasoning behind this is it can be used to game the system - specifically you can just set the top players on the board to enemy status then they can't compete against you when you try and knock them off the top ranking spots. This is anti-competitive and against the spirit of the site.

As regards Standard members not being able to see games created by Premium players who have set them as enemies - I think this is a reasonable request.

These sound like two directly contradictory statements...what am I missing?

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

11. #31 / 33
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I do see your point in that a Standard player could be a top ranked player (especially on one particular board). It comes down to almost all top players being Premium as they generally are heavy game players and it's also difficult to become a top player without playing >10 games at once.

Also I suppose it acts as an incentive to pay for Premium to ensure you can defend your position at the top (I have no evidence that this is the case and it's not really an intended effect).

12. #32 / 33
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

I do see your point in that a Standard player could be a top ranked player (especially on one particular board). It comes down to almost all top players being Premium as they generally are heavy game players and it's also difficult to become a top player without playing >10 games at once.

Also I suppose it acts as an incentive to pay for Premium to ensure you can defend your position at the top (I have no evidence that this is the case and it's not really an intended effect).

It seems to me that when enemy's games are invisible it would be easy for anybody to game the system, Premium or Standard.

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

13. #33 / 33
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

If you can't join them what is the point of being able to see them?

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)