219 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 10
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I think I am doing this right.  When I export & then import some XML, the card names are lost.  They are still in the XML that I import, but after the import all the cards have their name as '0' (which I see is the wild card name, but is not my A,B, &/or C card name).

2. #2 / 10
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I should mention that this seems to occur even though I still have the 'cards' column 'locked' for these scenarios.

Happened for all of these scenarios:

http://www.wargear.net/boards/scenarios?boardid=1429

3. #3 / 10
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

Happened for all of these scenarios:

http://www.wargear.net/boards/scenarios?boardid=1429

Related potential future problem with that many scenarios: http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/1429 About/Starting Scenario/Cards tabs all aren't working too well

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

4. #4 / 10
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hrm... So this is a bug also I guess?  It should only show the board settings table for the currently selected tab, right?  Somehow having X tabs where X > N is breaking the scenario tabs?  Any idea what N is?

5. #5 / 10
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

Hrm... So this is a bug also I guess?  It should only show the board settings table for the currently selected tab, right?  Somehow having X tabs where X > N is breaking the scenario tabs?  Any idea what N is?

I thought so too at first, but it's your ^ characters I believe, I got up to 19 fine here (then I deleted the unnecessary ones) : http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/578 before I realized it and tried the Break^Break which then had the same result as you :P  (Sorry tom!)

Exclamation points don't work either, and I think <> makes it wacky as well, probably others that shouldn't be used either.

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

Edited Fri 28th Jan 00:41 [history]

6. #6 / 10
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Thanks I'll take a look at both of these bugs.

7. #7 / 10
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    Ozyman wrote:

I thought so too at first, but it's your ^ characters I believe, I got up to 19 fine here (then I deleted the unnecessary ones) : http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/578 before I realized it and tried the Break^Break which then had the same result as you :P  (Sorry tom!)

Exclamation points don't work either, and I think <> makes it wacky as well, probably others that shouldn't be used either.

Thanks for the investigation Yertle!! I'll give it a shot without the '^'.

8. #8 / 10
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Must have been the '^', because I got rid of all of them, and it seems good now.  Thanks again Yertle!

9. #9 / 10
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

The card import problem has been fixed. Also I have added restrictions to the allowed characters in the scenario names to prevent invalid characters being entered.

10. #10 / 10
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

The card import problem has been fixed.

Works great!  Thanks Tom.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)