Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 16
    Standard Member Viper
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

So I'm working on my new map.

http://www.wargear.net/boards/designer/1585

And it's fill layer is a little different than previous ones I've used in that the city territories overlap other territories but using a different color.  On the rest of the design process this hasn't been an issue and it fills correctly.  When trying to add neutrals on the Scenario section, because the territories overlap, when I select one of the cities to add neutrals to it appears to select the surrounding territories as well.  It will allow me to add neutrals to the correct one and shows up correctly after that though.  Anyway it's more of an annoyance than a showstopper.

2. #2 / 16
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

As far as I know that *should* work - I've reviewed your fill map and it seems OK. The Fill should only be across pixels of the same color. Perhaps you could put white borders around the city territories, might help?

3. #3 / 16
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Tom's wrong :)

Your cities need a border.  One territory cannot run flush up against another territory, even if they have a different color.

At least this is how its worked in Single Layer and how its always worked in Dual Layer.  I actually expected it to work without needing borders on the Fill image of the Dual layer, but unless it's a bug it doesn't.

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

4. #4 / 16
    Standard Member Viper
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Like I said it works everywhere else, it's just mildly annoying trying to add neutrals.  Maybe just something to work around I suppose.

5. #5 / 16
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Viper wrote:

Like I said it works everywhere else, it's just mildly annoying trying to add neutrals.  Maybe just something to work around I suppose.

It won't work in a game.

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

6. #6 / 16
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Trust me

I've Tried it

It doesn't work

Where's Hugh?

7. #7 / 16
    Standard Member Viper
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ok wait, maybe we're miscommunicating.  Did I mention that map doesn't have the board layer on it yet?  The issue I'm having is only with the fill layer on the scenario page.

It works as far as I can tell and with the board layer all the territories will have proper borders.

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/40956/

8. #8 / 16
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

If everything looks right, then do a Reload (using the Reload icon in the Flash Player) and notice how some of them get misfilled.  I think this happens sometimes on the initial load, perhaps it's dependent upon the browser or some other weird scenario though.

See here:

Edited Thu 16th Dec 11:33 [history]

9. #9 / 16
    Standard Member Viper
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ok I got it to do it when I hit reload..  Is that a bug with the player then?

10. #10 / 16
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Viper wrote:

Ok I got it to do it when I hit reload..  Is that a bug with the player then?

I thought tom had mentioned one time that it was a tough fix or unfixable or there had to be borders between territories, but this was back with Single layers.

This is the only thread that is semi-related http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/778 and I can't find the comment by tom.

11. #11 / 16
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

It's under some thread about Light Cycles because I was trying to have a flow where it would look like a single line and was doing it right when dual layers came out.  tom said it wouldn't work and that there MUST be some border.  I have since tried using a nearly transparent border and that kinda worked but looked stupider than just having the border there.

Where's Hugh?

12. #12 / 16
    Standard Member Viper
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

So to sum it up on the fill layer there must be a border between territories of a different color than the surrounding territories or they must not touch otherwise the above screenshot is what you get.  Messed up fills.

Edited Thu 16th Dec 13:42 [history]

13. #13 / 16
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yep.

14. #14 / 16
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

That sounds about right.  The hard part about trying to not show the border in the image layer is what to do with the space because it will show as whatever you put there so it is basically a border anyways.  The site needs to have some way to understand where one territory starts and the other ends and of course shouting at it and explaining does not work.

Where's 11's?

15. #15 / 16
    Standard Member The Rope
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Just a heads up to you, I am about to submit my version of the Civil War board to WarGear for review with the same name.  Can I use the name Civil War, or do you want me to add something on there to deliniate the two a little more, like 'Civil War 1860' or something like that?

16. #16 / 16
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yeah I'd say give it a different name to differentiate.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)