206 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 14
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I'm putting together an update to Wargear Warfare with House-Rules scenarios and would like to include anyone(and everyone?)'s personal favorite way to play the basic game of Risk.

Make me a list here:

Risky's kinda-a-big-deal-ness was so massive it spilled over, so I'm handling the excess here.

2. #2 / 14
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

most of the ones i can think of that we used are either already accounted for here, or just won't work online.

but what i can remember quickly--

setup:
    - there's the original place one army at a time till they're all used up (started with equal # of units - based on # of players)
    - the quick deal: take out the jokers and deal the cards, those are your territories. you then place your units - this had two alternates: turn based placement & given placement

fortify alternates:
    - adjacent,
    - connecting,
    - none

cards:
    - own a territory turned in and place extra bonus on that territory
    - no special owned territory bonus (not doing the previous)
    - alternate card scales
    - no cards

dice:
    - dice knocks units over, they die (i.e. they're removed)...don't roll on the BOARD
    - snake eyes = 6's...if you roll all ones, it's as if you rolled 6s...

play:
    - castles (defensive border modification)
    - artillery (offensive border modification)
    - reserves on/off
    - hidden forces
    - missions
    - capitals

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

3. #3 / 14
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

When attacking with 3 Dice:

Triple Sixes: "Nuclear Attack" = Instant victory.  All armies in the defending country die (even if they roll double sixes; Technically, they never got a chance to roll).

Triple Ones: "Plague/Biological Disaster" =  All but one  of the attacking armies die, and of course no further attacks are possible.

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Fri 10th Dec 17:12 [history]

4. #4 / 14
    Standard Member Angusjustice
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Airports placement (attack from one to the other,shift units across the board in one move)

5. #5 / 14
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Maybe I should rephrase this: what's your favorite way to play the original Risk board possible with the current game engine on Wargear?

Thanks for the comments so far guys either way.

Risky's kinda-a-big-deal-ness was so massive it spilled over, so I'm handling the excess here.

6. #6 / 14
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Toaster wrote:

Maybe I should rephrase this: what's your favorite way to play the original Risk board possible with the current game engine on Wargear?

Thanks for the comments so far guys either way.

{#emotions_dlg.rofl}

I was getting a kick out of this Smile

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

Yertle: I really don't know what we'd be doing if tom didn't start WG
    Yertle: scary to think about :p
    RiskyBack: You'd have more kids and I'd have a real job, probably

7. #7 / 14
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

But those are my House Rules.  It's my house.

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

8. #8 / 14
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

cards: 4, 6, 8, 10, 4, 6, 8, ...
    plus many options unrealistic for online like above.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

9. #9 / 14
    Standard Member Andros
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Probably only possible for realtime but turn based initial setup (1,2 or 3 at a time think it was around 21 each in 3 player on board game). No neutral in 3 players or more. Cards reset after 10. ie 4,6,8,10,4,6,8,10...

10. #10 / 14
    Standard Member the regulator
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Alpha wrote:

cards: 4, 6, 8, 10, 4, 6, 8, ...
    plus many options unrealistic for online like above.

im with alpha... i hate when i see trade in's hitting 50, 70, 106...  wish more boards had versions of different card values. 

11. #11 / 14
    Thread Slayer Severene
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Starting the game with 4-5 units per territory.  Using 10 or 20 sided dice from the D&D collection. The cannons can attack one space further.

Things you cannot implement:

When trading in for units you could choose soldier, horse, or cannon at a trade in of 1,3 and 5. Soldiers defended with higher dice, horses attacked with higher dice, cannons could attack 1 space further away.  We also would give extra armies when turning in cards if you owned the territory that was named on the card.  (Would be nice to have territory names on cards but Im sure that would be a programming nightmare. Imagine a 30 character name of a territory etc..) Turning in any card combination with a WILD in it resulted in double troops points. Castle move - You can recall all troops on the boards to one location but only after 4 turns have passed not at the beginning of the game. May only be done once per game. Mech rule - For 10 troop points you could purchase a mech that attacks at higher dice, defends at higher dice, shoots 1 space further and has 5 hit points. Due to the odd dice between the troop types it was forbidden to mix troop types because it was just too crazy.  My brother liked to play with mixed troops though with the rule being the army got all the advancements of whatever troop was in the mix.  In that case it must be decided who chooses troops lost - attacker or defender? Also another variant - if you wanted to you could play 1 card at any time if you owned the territory on the card as a defense shield preventing other players from attacking you that round on just that location. If you played this on your turn it gave you 3 troops on that location and allowed you to attack from that location with higher dice.

BTW - I am NOT complaining. I am just trying to make the world a better place with more awesome suggestions.

12. #12 / 14
    Standard Member RECON
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Optional numbers on the dice, for attacking 7 and 6 for defense or whatever you want.

Similar to Severene: permit optional starting units per territory and random starting units per territory, such as 3, 4 or 5 so you would  have 14 territories with 3, 14 with 4 and 14 with 5.

13. #13 / 14
    Standard Member RECON
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

When you successfully attack and wipe out defender only one (1) army is placed on territory even if you attacked with 2 or 3, and then you have choice of how many more you want to transfer.

14. #14 / 14
    Standard Member Andros
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I agree that too many reinforcements isnt good. I dont think its possible to give different values for 3 planes or 3 tanks so if the increment is reset that would work well. I.e 4, 6, 8, 10, 4, 6, 8, 10. I do like idea of having turn based initial setup, where territories are chosen by players and troops are placed either 1, 2 or 3 at a time. would only work with realtime but would be less luck based in 2 player

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)