Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

hi all

Sorry for the downtime, I had to make a number of major changes to the site during which time there couldn't be any game activity.

The most visible change is the game info page where all the information which was under separate tabs has now been combined into a single page. Hopefully this will make things less confusing.

Secondly I have completely changed the way game messaging works, there's now a separate section at the bottom of the game Join, Info and Player pages that can be updated and posted to independently of the main page. This means you can now post and receive messages in the middle of playing a game for example. I've completely dropped the 'Comms' tab from the actual Flash Player as it's not very visible.

Other than that there's been some minor change around fixing bugs in the forums - hopefully the unread icon will behave itself a bit better going forward. For a full list of changes please see the change log.

Please let me know what you think of the changes, if you have any more suggestions I'd love to hear them. Thank you all for the great feedback so far. Next up I'll look at updating the home page most likely.

cheers

Tom

2. #2 / 7
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

Other than that there's been some minor change around fixing bugs in the forums - hopefully the unread icon will behave itself a bit better going forward. For a full list of changes please see the change log.

18/11/2009    Fix thread read icon - note

18/11/2009    Fixed timestamp of the Last Poster column displaying incorrect time

I'm not sure either of these are fixed for me (Firefox).

3. #3 / 7
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Lol Ohhhh, it does the opposite now :P  The Last Poster gets updated with the correct date/time of the last post, but the Thread date/time gets updated with that time as well... silly snake {#emotions_dlg.cylon}

Edited Wed 18th Nov 09:10 [history]

4. #4 / 7
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

The most visible change is the game info page where all the information which was under separate tabs has now been combined into a single page. Hopefully this will make things less confusing.

This looks nice!

5. #5 / 7
    Premium Member KrocK
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

yeah it looks real slick! nice job.

6. #6 / 7
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

Lol Ohhhh, it does the opposite now :P  The Last Poster gets updated with the correct date/time of the last post, but the Thread date/time gets updated with that time as well... silly snake {#emotions_dlg.cylon}

ditto on IE 7, and the last unread post icon doesn't work (or is it just me still?)

7. #7 / 7
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Huge improvements. I don't pay attention to the forum stuff because it's all too confusing for me even when working correctly.

But the Comms is a huge, huge improvement and the game info is also much better. Full Speed Ahead KK!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)